Author Topic: Capture NX 2 2.3.1 and labels  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Capture NX 2 2.3.1 and labels
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
I am having problems with NX2 and PM not reading labels into one another. Every time I amend the color class in NX2 and save it I have to manually update it in PM.

I have checked "Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field" check box checked in the General section but it makes no difference.

I notice a previous post regarding the same issue and I have double checked to make sure I do not earn myself a slap in the face!

In some ways NX2 is very good but in a lot of ways it barks quite a lot. Not a patch on PM.

Using 4.6.8 and looking forward to the new release.

Can you suggest anything else I could try?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Capture NX 2 2.3.1 and labels
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »
Frank,

I am having problems with NX2 and PM not reading labels into one another. Every time I amend the color class in NX2 and save it I have to manually update it in PM.

I have checked "Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field" check box checked in the General section but it makes no difference.

I notice a previous post regarding the same issue and I have double checked to make sure I do not earn myself a slap in the face!

In some ways NX2 is very good but in a lot of ways it barks quite a lot. Not a patch on PM.

Using 4.6.8 and looking forward to the new release.

Can you suggest anything else I could try?

What OS are you running PM and NX2 on?  If it is Windows then make sure you stop working with the image in NX2 before you switch back to PM.  NX2 has a tendency to keep files open with exclusive access which prevents PM from reading the file to check for changes.

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
Hi Kirk

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Using Windows 7 Pro with 4 Gb memory.

Tried using it again and I now suspect that the issue is with Capture as it is telling me, again, that it can't save the file. This is an issue I have come across before with Capture and I do not see Nikon resolving it any time soon.

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Tom Parkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22:31 AM »
It's not a major issue for me but I've never been able to get this to work on the Mac either. At least the colour class is still there when I return the image to PM even if it's invisible in NX2. An NX2 user learns to be grateful for small mercies.

Offline Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Hi Tom

You said "An NX2 user learns to be grateful for small mercies. ". I had the experience of complaining to Nikon UK and was completely ignored until I sent a snail mail, yes a letter, to the Chief Executive of Nikon in Tokyo. I then received a letter of apology from Nikon Europe but no admission that there is any problem with NX2! PM does have bugs etc as does any complex software but at least they admit that things do go awry from time to time and strive in a prefessional way to correct things. Watch and learn Nikon. :(

Camera Bits do a great job in supporting customers  :)