Author Topic: mysterious problme  (Read 4541 times)

Offline tallmand

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
mysterious problme
« on: October 14, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »
I have a strange problem.  I do not know if it is a problem with Photo Mechanic or not.  Hopefully someone will have a clue as to what is happening.  The end result is that my Epson printer cuts off about a half inch of my photos, replacing it with three or four thin (2mm) lines that look like dirty heads (which I have cleaned). 

I start with photo mechanic, move to Capture One, and then finish off with Photoshop.  Photoshop warns me that my files are truncated.  Is this happening in Photo Mechanic?  In Capture One?

I am able to see the whole photo on my Mac screen.  The problem does not occur with all photos.

Any speculations will be welcome.

dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: mysterious problme
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »
Dan,

I have a strange problem.  I do not know if it is a problem with Photo Mechanic or not.  Hopefully someone will have a clue as to what is happening.  The end result is that my Epson printer cuts off about a half inch of my photos, replacing it with three or four thin (2mm) lines that look like dirty heads (which I have cleaned). 

I start with photo mechanic, move to Capture One, and then finish off with Photoshop.  Photoshop warns me that my files are truncated.  Is this happening in Photo Mechanic?  In Capture One?

I am able to see the whole photo on my Mac screen.  The problem does not occur with all photos.

Any speculations will be welcome.

While I am not certain what is going wrong, I can suggest some things you can do to troubleshoot the problem.

Since you are moving your photos through several programs, I would suggest stopping and checking an image at each stage and see if they print.  Note that since you're on Mac OS X, you can easily print to PDF and save yourself some paper and ink.

If you want to send me one of your images, I'd be happy to look through it for problems.

HTH,

-Kirk