Author Topic: Canon 7D images rendering very flat, with low color saturation  (Read 2455 times)

Offline tommyleo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.6 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my Intel-Based Macbook Pro.

I just got two new Canon 7D's and used them for the first time with PM. I shoot all raw, yet the preview images on PM look terribly flat, with low saturation. I've attached an example.

BTW, my cameras are set to the "Adobe RGB" color space. Yet the ICC profile on PM reads "sRBG profile" for all files. Not sure if this gives you a hint to the rendering problem.

Thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Canon 7D images rendering very flat, with low color saturation
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:55 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.6 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my Intel-Based Macbook Pro.

I just got two new Canon 7D's and used them for the first time with PM. I shoot all raw, yet the preview images on PM look terribly flat, with low saturation. I've attached an example.

BTW, my cameras are set to the "Adobe RGB" color space. Yet the ICC profile on PM reads "sRBG profile" for all files. Not sure if this gives you a hint to the rendering problem.

Are you setting PM to render the RAW file or are you letting it use the embedded JPEG preview?

There never was a PM 4.5.6 version.  Are you sure you're not running PM 4.6.x?  If so, get version 4.6.8 or the 4.6.9 beta.

-Kirk

Offline tommyleo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
My bad. It's v4.5.4.

Please note that I changed none of my PM preferences before changing to the 7D. Up until a couple of days ago, I had been using the 40D four four years and the previews would look great. Same thing with the 20D before that!

Also, I just noticed that some of the info in the "info" box is missing. Here is the example.

Is this all just a matter of getting the latest version?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tommyleo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
I just answered my own question! I downloaded the demo version of v4.6.8 and it works perfectly. Thanks!!!