Author Topic: Saved set for Prefs  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
Saved set for Prefs
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:53:39 AM »
I'd like to see the ability to save preferences to sets - like other items that have the ability right now, such as renaming or iptc.
Having sets like that would be useful.  It is the colors and color labels that I'm thinking about in particular.

For instance I have a set of colors and color labels now for motor-sport and if I do another kind of shoot, for example a wedding  or family snaps the colors and their labels don't quite fit.  As it is now I have to go with what I use most often (racing) and have to remember what colors mean what when I apply the labels to a wedding. 

It would be great to have a pull down part in the menu bar where saved color sets can be accessed and changed.  That way I could just pull down a saved color set for "weddings" and it  would be more meaningful to me when I use the colors to move the shots to their separate folders or to rename them.  My memory isn't what it used to be ... and it was never much. ;)

If it were also in conjunction with a small font text applied to where the color shows up - even better.  Perhaps the color bar under the pictures could be made larger to accommodate for this. That way you would instantly see within the color what the color label name is supposed to represent.

Just a thought :)

Offline wideopen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Wide Open Photography
Re: Saved set for Prefs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
I have to second this feature... :)

I would like it both for the above reasons but also so that you could use the same settings on multiple computers. Everyone in the newsroom would have the same color codes.

Mike
--
Mike
WideOpenPhotography.com

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Re: Saved set for Prefs
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »
Thirded! (sic)

Would love to be able to send a pref file to a stringer so that they can use the same work flow (colour code etc) as I do.