Author Topic: Image Info in Preview  (Read 7351 times)

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
Image Info in Preview
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:28:40 PM »
What I miss and would probably easy to incorporate (yeah right, he hears them thinking) would be to have the Image Info (right-click) menu item, that I have in the thumbnail screen, in the Preview screens as well. I know I can see all info looking at the panels but most of the time
I simply use the Full Screen mode without the panels so all info is lost. Instead of switching back and forth 'tween Panels and Full Screen mode, I think it would be easy to just have the Image Info in a right-click menu.

Get what I mean? Sometimes I'm not getting it myself. Basically, the request is to have the right-click 'Image Info' menu everywhere, no matter what viewing mode you're in.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image Info in Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:36:44 PM »
What I miss and would probably easy to incorporate (yeah right, he hears them thinking) would be to have the Image Info (right-click) menu item, that I have in the thumbnail screen, in the Preview screens as well. I know I can see all info looking at the panels but most of the time
I simply use the Full Screen mode without the panels so all info is lost. Instead of switching back and forth 'tween Panels and Full Screen mode, I think it would be easy to just have the Image Info in a right-click menu.

Get what I mean? Sometimes I'm not getting it myself. Basically, the request is to have the right-click 'Image Info' menu everywhere, no matter what viewing mode you're in.

Easy enough to do.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Offline arossphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 07:43:41 PM »
It would also be nice to have the option to see image info in the left column of the thumbnail view, where favorites and navigator are. This would be similar to way Bridge is set up, and it's a nice way to quickly scan images while checking IPTC info, etc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »
It would also be nice to have the option to see image info in the left column of the thumbnail view, where favorites and navigator are. This would be similar to way Bridge is set up, and it's a nice way to quickly scan images while checking IPTC info, etc.

Try the tooltips.  Instead of moving your eyes back and forth from the thumbnails to the info, the info follows the mouse.

You can turn them on/off from the Image menu.

-Kirk

Offline arossphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »
Yeah, I saw the tool tips, but I'm a keyboard guy and hate using the mouse, or other pointing devices especially on a laptop. It's so much easier and faster to use the left, right arrows to scroll throught the images. I'm a firm believer that there should be a keyboard short cut for everything.

Which reminds me... I couldn't find a way to open a preview with the keyboard.

Oops, just found it. Ctrl+R? Why R, why not just enter?

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:41:42 PM by arossphoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
Yeah, I saw the tool tips, but I'm a keyboard guy and hate using the mouse, or other pointing devices especially on a laptop. It's so much easier and faster to use the left, right arrows to scroll throught the images. I'm a firm believer that there should be a keyboard short cut for everything.

Which reminds me... I couldn't find a way to open a preview with the keyboard.

Oops, just found it. Ctrl+R? Why R, why not just enter?

Space bar is the key you're looking for...

HTH,

-Kirk