Author Topic: Active Memory  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Active Memory
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:31:16 AM »
I have not been able to source any active memory cards from lexar and have given up on the idea as 1. I now use the Sandisk IV and 2. I would have to give all my snappers new AM cards.

However there could be a work around. If I format all my cards with unique names, such as; CARD 001, CARD 002 etc, can PM recognise the name of the card being ingested and choose a cation template assigned to the specific card?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Active Memory
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
I have not been able to source any active memory cards from lexar and have given up on the idea as 1. I now use the Sandisk IV and 2. I would have to give all my snappers new AM cards.

We've given up on them too.  The won't tell us when they will be releasing AM cards.  We pulled support for them from Photo Mechanic a while ago.

Quote from: Shadow
However there could be a work around. If I format all my cards with unique names, such as; CARD 001, CARD 002 etc, can PM recognise the name of the card being ingested and choose a cation template assigned to the specific card?

We could easily make a "Poor Man's" version.  The template could be stored on the card.  Just don't format the card in the camera, and it won't matter what the name is since the data file would be present on the card.

-Kirk

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 01:47:55 PM »
So a each card would have it's own caption temp saved to it that PM will use when ingesting from that card. Sounds good to me. Can it be included in the next update?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:03:49 PM »
So a each card would have it's own caption temp saved to it that PM will use when ingesting from that card. Sounds good to me. Can it be included in the next update?

Unlikely.  We have to freeze the feature list for 4.5 if we're ever to get it done.

-Kirk