Author Topic: Photoshop thumbnails do not show on Contact Sheet  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Sirgilbert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photoshop thumbnails do not show on Contact Sheet
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Video card went South. New card installed but somehow we have lost the ability to view Photoshop (CS2) (.psd) pictures on the contact sheet. They appear as a gray space with a PSD title. Should I reload the PhotoMechanic software? Or maybe there is some magic button I am not aware of.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photoshop thumbnails do not show on Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »
Video card went South. New card installed but somehow we have lost the ability to view Photoshop (CS2) (.psd) pictures on the contact sheet. They appear as a gray space with a PSD title. Should I reload the PhotoMechanic software? Or maybe there is some magic button I am not aware of.

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?
What OS are you using and what version is it?

-Kirk

Offline Sirgilbert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
Photo Mech Ver 4.5.........Windows XP SP 2 (anyway fully updated) . It always used to work with .psd files.  In fact that was one of the prime reasons for purchasing the software!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »
Photo Mech Ver 4.5.........Windows XP SP 2 (anyway fully updated) . It always used to work with .psd files.  In fact that was one of the prime reasons for purchasing the software!

You'll need to reinstall Apple's QuickTime.  Or upgrade to PM 4.6 which doesn't need QuickTime to load PSD files as it has its own PSD parser which is much faster than the one provided by QuickTime.

-Kirk