NOTE: This will be the "Final v4" of Photo Mechanic (after beta). We felt that we should offer all of our customers this update ASAP, in part because it affects important new cameras models. We didn't want everyone to have to wait until Version 5 even though it is coming "soon". But this will be it for v4! Its been a long ride, and we are confident that Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 represents perhaps the most stable piece of photo productivity software out there. We promise to take the same care with Version 5 and make it even better.
-------------Mac OS X 10.6+Mac OS X 10.4.11 - 10.5.8Windows XP, Vista, 7
* Added support for the Exif 2.3 Serial Number tag for newer cameras that actually write this field (i.e. not guaranteed to be there even if camera is writing Exif 2.3).
* Improved support for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
* Added support for RAW ORF files from the Olympus E-PL3 and E-PM1.
* Fixed various memory leaks that could eventually cause a memory allocation failure for users editing or ingesting a very large number of photos.
* Fixed an issue when sequentially ingesting cards with filenames that overlap. This can happen when the user sets their camera preference to start file numbering at 0001 for each card.
* Fixed a problem updating XMP in LZW-compress TIFF files saved by Capture NX2.
* Added a workaround for viewing NEF files processed by Nikon Image Transfer that are not written properly.
* Fixed a problem with adding GPS coordinates to Canon 30D JPEG files.
* The Exif Digitized Date/Time tag is now updated when using the Adjust Capture Times command.
* Ingest now ignores Fuji FFDB.DAT files, Canon Comstate files, and EYEFI folders.
* Lossless JPEG rotation now uses default DPI setting instead of Save As DPI setting.
* Fixed a problem with PM SlideShow playback becoming unresponsive with a large number of files.