Author Topic: Emailing jpg from DNG not using updated editing info  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Whistlingmike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Emailing jpg from DNG not using updated editing info
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.6 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my 2.33 GHz Inel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with 4 gigs of ram.

I have been using PM for years and love it.  I now find myself using Lightroom (version 4 now) more and more for quick color work and cropping.  To preserve as much of the RAW info info as possible with updated color work and cropping into an "original" type file, I have begun converting image files to DNG in Lightroom.  In this way, I can continue editing in Mechanic or Lightroom and it seems to be seamless, EXCEPT for one feature that I love in Mechanic and use everyday - "Send Photos via Email" which for some reason is pulling a jpg that doesn't have my color and crop changes included despite Mechanic seeing the correct color and cropping in the main window. Is there a way to make Mechanic pull the correct preview jpg with the changes included?

Thanks, Michael Lichter, Boulder, CO

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Emailing jpg from DNG not using updated editing info
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
PM doesn't render DNG files unless you have RAW rendering turned on.  Do you have RAW rendering turned on?  If so, try turning it off.

Also, please upgrade to at least version 4.6.8.  It is free and has a number of bug fixes that your 4.6.6 version doesn't have.

-Kirk