Author Topic: PM after migration  (Read 3492 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
PM after migration
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:10 AM »
I did not update since 4.6.8 and I didn't experience any problems with it on my Snow Leopard machine but now I migrated to a Lion machine. Migration copied all the programs and settings form the old system so I had not reinstalled anything on the new system and neither had I to change settings as all the path settings and all stayed the same.

But Ingest with PM had an error on the Lion machine. PM seems to be unable to create the folder on the root directory for the ingested photos.

What can cause this? Is it the older version of PM or the lack of installing instead of just migrating PM from the old system? Is it a known issue or I found something new?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM after migration
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:11:01 AM »
Sounds like permissions issue.  Can you create a folder in the same location with the Finder?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:04 AM »
Sounds like permissions issue.  Can you create a folder in the same location with the Finder?

-Kirk

Permission repair does not solve the problem. If I try to create a folder nmanually in Finder, Lion asks for password, for rename or delete also every time.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »

-Kirk

Permission repair does not solve the problem. If I try to create a folder nmanually in Finder, Lion asks for password, for rename or delete also every time.

You need to make it so you (your user login) can create folders in the location you want PM to create folders for you.  Ingest would be fairly useless if it had to authenticate with you for each folder it had to create on your behalf.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »

-Kirk

You need to make it so you (your user login) can create folders in the location you want PM to create folders for you.  Ingest would be fairly useless if it had to authenticate with you for each folder it had to create on your behalf.

-Kirk

But how can I change this behavior? I'm not familiar with Lion and I never experienced this with Snow Leoopard before...

I'm also fighting with a code replacement kind of issue on the same Lion system. Whenever I try to enter (R) or (C) into the captions in the IPTC stationery text field it gets automatically replaced by the All Rights reserved symbol or the copyright symbol. Since it doesn't happen using code replacement delimiters just as text is entered I suppose it is some Lion+PM issue. The same doesn't happen in this forum text field....if you see R and C letters in brackets not the copyright and rights reserved symbols...
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
But how can I change this behavior? I'm not familiar with Lion and I never experienced this with Snow Leoopard before...

Use the Get Info command in the Finder on your disk.  Set the appropriate permissions there.

Quote from: szurkebarat
I'm also fighting with a code replacement kind of issue on the same Lion system. Whenever I try to enter (R) or (C) into the captions in the IPTC stationery text field it gets automatically replaced by the All Rights reserved symbol or the copyright symbol. Since it doesn't happen using code replacement delimiters just as text is entered I suppose it is some Lion+PM issue. The same doesn't happen in this forum text field....if you see R and C letters in brackets not the copyright and rights reserved symbols...

From Hayo Baan: Open system preferences, "Language & Text" and then deselect the text substitution for "(r)".

You may have to turn others off as well.

HTH,

-Kirk