Author Topic: 4 Questions about auto-mount, rating and shortcuts  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Whitesnake

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4 Questions about auto-mount, rating and shortcuts
« on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:02 AM »
I have four questions:

When I want to sync my ipad or iphone with iTunes, Photo Mechanic always opens, although I checked in the "On mount of camera disk" the option "do nothing". How can I fix this?

Second question: I rate pictures with 1 star and at the end or rating I filter the 1-star-pictures and delete them. It takes quite a time before these pictures are removed. This wasn't so in Leopard, it startet in Snow Leopard. Is there a solution?

Why isn't the color and star rating from PM used in Lightroom?

Last questions: How can I deactivate or remap the shortcut U? I use Z quite often and always hit the wrong key.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4 Questions about auto-mount, rating and shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
When I want to sync my ipad or iphone with iTunes, Photo Mechanic always opens, although I checked in the "On mount of camera disk" the option "do nothing". How can I fix this?

You need to go into Image Capture and tell it to no longer launch Photo Mechanic.

Quote from: Whitesnake
I rate pictures with 1 star and at the end or rating I filter the 1-star-pictures and delete them. It takes quite a time before these pictures are removed. This wasn't so in Leopard, it startet in Snow Leopard. Is there a solution?

For some folks, the Move to Trash option is slow in Snow Leopard.  Photo Mechanic uses AppleScript/AppleEvents to tell the Finder to move items to the trash.  Sometimes the Finder can be slow to respond.  Make sure you have the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.8 is current) and the most recent version of Photo Mechanic (4.6.8 is current.)  If the problem persists then the only workaround is to have PM delete the photos immediately instead of moving them to the trash.  Of course you'll lose the ability to recover images from the Trash if you use this option.

Why isn't the color and star rating from PM used in Lightroom?

You need to tell Lightroom to re-read metadata from your images.  Otherwise LR completely ignores any changes outside its environment.

How can I deactivate or remap the shortcut U? I use Z quite often and always hit the wrong key.

In which part of Photo Mechanic are you referring to?

-Kirk

Offline Whitesnake

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »
thx for your help. The key u refers to "Preview"-Mode. I get the windows "file uploader" which i don't use. I would unmap this key, or remap it this the same function like z (zoom). I use a qwertz-keyboard.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »
There is currently no way to change the keyboard mappings in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk