Author Topic: Strange images appear!  (Read 10916 times)

Offline bradnewton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Strange images appear!
« on: April 24, 2006, 03:44:03 AM »
After downloading my assignment from yesterday, I started to edit the images through PhotoMechanic (4.3.8 on Mac). The majority of the images were fine but much to my dismay, a handful of images looked funky. Some were overexposed, some underexposed, some color shifted, some black, some looking like my camera's sensor went totally nuts. Well, you get the point. BUT, upon clicking on the aperture icon to enlarge the image, everything went back to normal. What could be causing this? Having trusted PM for years, I thought that my camera had blown it's sensor until I enlarged the image. Help me out here....thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Strange images appear!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:52:21 AM »
After downloading my assignment from yesterday, I started to edit the images through PhotoMechanic (4.3.8 on Mac). The majority of the images were fine but much to my dismay, a handful of images looked funky. Some were overexposed, some underexposed, some color shifted, some black, some looking like my camera's sensor went totally nuts. Well, you get the point. BUT, upon clicking on the aperture icon to enlarge the image, everything went back to normal. What could be causing this? Having trusted PM for years, I thought that my camera had blown it's sensor until I enlarged the image. Help me out here....thanks.

When you say that everything went back to normal, is that including the thumbnails that looked "funky".  If you would like to send me a sample image or two, I'd be happy to take a look at them.  Send me a private message and I'll arrange for an email address to send them to.

-Kirk

Offline bradnewton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Strange images appear!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:33:09 AM »
Kirk

Thanks for the reply. Interestingly enough, when I enlarge the image by clicking on the aperture icon and the image goes back to normal, the thumbnails at the bottom of the frame also become normal. But when I close that window, the images that were funky remain funky on the contact sheet. It's the main contact sheet that is causing me the problems.