Author Topic: Repetitive Keywording  (Read 4494 times)

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
Repetitive Keywording
« on: May 26, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
So here's a question I should probably know the answer to already ...

I'm shooting a lot of my son's soccer matches - so I have a lot of burst seq's featuring the same few players and I'm adding keywords for names.

Is there anyway to "add" the same set of keywords / names, I just added to the previous photo after I hit "Save & >" ?

I get I can use "Copy all IPTC" but that overwrites the "object name" on the next photo and I want to preserve that for the original filename !

Any thought's ?

Thx

Offline bstevent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Repetitive Keywording
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »
It sounds like you are adding keywords to one image at a time.

Open the Keywords Panel. Highlight all of the images you want to annotate. Click on the apply to selected photos button.

You can ADD a keyword (or collection of keywords) to the list. You can SAVE your addition to the master list so it will be there for future use. You can play around with the APPEND or REPLACE options.

There is a lot of details at page 42 in the manual.

Hope this is helpful.

Offline a_mumford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but this really doesn't work for what I'm trying to do.

I've already applied "bulk metadata" to the whole shoot and I'm looking for a way to repetitively apply some more keywords as a delta to the existing metadata.

The keywords panel is only active in the contact sheet view and is not accessible while the preview or IPTC windows are open. The contact sheet thumbnails don't enlarge too full frame and if they did I wouldn't be able to multi - select images easily.

The desired workflow would be :

1. View full size image in a window.
2. Use auto complete to add players names from an imported list.
3. Save and advance.
4. Add the same keywords that were just added too the previous pictures using a shortcut.

Thx

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion but this really doesn't work for what I'm trying to do.

I've already applied "bulk metadata" to the whole shoot and I'm looking for a way to repetitively apply some more keywords as a delta to the existing metadata.

The keywords panel is only active in the contact sheet view and is not accessible while the preview or IPTC windows are open. The contact sheet thumbnails don't enlarge too full frame and if they did I wouldn't be able to multi - select images easily.

The desired workflow would be :

1. View full size image in a window.
2. Use auto complete to add players names from an imported list.
3. Save and advance.
4. Add the same keywords that were just added too the previous pictures using a shortcut.

Thx

So you need a way of copying only selected IPTC fields from the contact sheet....not sure if that's possible but it would be useful....
Workaround could be to add your keywords before you complete the players names, then you won't be so worried about changing other fields.
Marc