Author Topic: Custom caption keywords - possible?  (Read 5592 times)

Offline dmwierz

• View Profile
Custom caption keywords - possible?
« on: October 17, 2006, 11:59:59 PM »
I gotta believe this is possible, and I just haven't figured it out. I find myself having to repeat certain caption phrases throughout the post-processing of a game, like "Smith ran 11 times for 88 yards and 1 TD" whnever I caption an image of Smith, or "Saturday, October 14th, 2006",  or "The Hurricanes defeated the Tar Heels 27-6", and what I have done so far is create a Word document of these phrases as they come up and cut and past, but can't PM do this for me? A note pad where I could put these phrases and just drag them onto the caption window would be really swift.

I seem to recall seeing Aperture do this in a demo, and figured PM must have this ability. The user/client variables looked promising, but then I thought maybe not.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Dennis

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
Re: Custom caption keywords - possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 04:25:19 AM »
Maybe this isn't exactly right way to do it, but it will work for sure :) Code replacement would be my solution. So make text file which would look like:
1014<tab>Saturday, October 14th, 2006
win<tab>The Hurricanes defeated the Tar Heels 27-6
So when you would need "The Hurricanes defeated the Tar Heels 27-6 on Saturday, October 14th, 2006" you just type "\win\ on \1014\" and that's it.
Yeah we were bugging Kirk with code replacement feature because of something else, but it works fine even for stuff like this :)

PS: You can even play with variables in code replacement file so it can look like "date<tab>{day} {monthname} {year4}" and once you would type \date\ it would take date from photo and return "18 October 2006".

Offline dmwierz

• View Profile
Re: Custom caption keywords - possible?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:02:04 AM »
Primoz,

Thanks. Sounds workable, but kind of a kludge.

Is this the only way to do it?

Anybody else? Kirk?

OK, I found this thread which discusses this topic, so I'll go there: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=645.0

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:06:32 AM by dmwierz »