Author Topic: Stationery Pad problems  (Read 3106 times)

Offline daveJDSP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationery Pad problems
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
First of all, I'm impressed with PM's ability to read and write IPTC data as well as it does. IPTC should be an industry standard, but it seems to be a case of "everybody has their own opinion". PM does a better job, of any that I have tested (including Photoshop and Bridge), in handling everybody else's versions! It will really be nice when PM can handle IPTC core, also.

Now, some of my observations with a few problems in the IPTC Stationery Pad:

• When I create a blank field (i.e. "City") and check it, it should update the corresponding IPTC field in the file to an empty value. But it doesn't. Instead, it acts as if I hadn't checked the field.
  • I can sort of get around this by putting a space character in a field that I want made empty. But even that tactic does not work in 5 fields:  Country Code; Supp Cat 1; Supp Cat 2; Supp Cat 3; Writers.
  • There is no way (that I can see) to set the Time and Date fields to the EXIF capture time/date or to an empty value.

Also, it would be nice to have shortcut keys as it is far quicker and less stressful than using a mouse, especially when typing text values.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
(hopefully about to become a customer/user)

Offline gajones

• View Profile
Re: Stationery Pad problems
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
I'm not sure about your IPTC problems - all I can say is that it works fine for me. I'm sure Kirk will have some ideas on that.

Regarding the Time and Date, you can change that by using the Adjust Capture Times and Dates on the Tools menu.

For a full description of how to use that feature, refer to page 85 in the user manual, which you can download from here.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:08:03 PM by gajones »