Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 5 and Retina resolution  (Read 22629 times)

Offline tomjamieson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic 5 and Retina resolution
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »
I now have a Retina-display-optimized version that has completed development.  I need testers who can work with me privately.  If you want to test the new version and you have a Retina display MacBookPro then send me a personal message and I'll get a build out to you.  Please do not contact me if you don't have a Retina display equipped system to test on.

Thanks,

-Kirk

P.S. It is only the previews and thumbnails that are optimized.  No UI bitmaps have been updated yet, so some of the toolbar elements, hover buttons, etc. are still low resolution but that will change when we have new artwork in place.

Hi Kirk,

PM'd you about testing.

Best,

Tom

Offline bkaiser

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »
I now have a Retina-display-optimized version that has completed development.  I need testers who can work with me privately.  If you want to test the new version and you have a Retina display MacBookPro then send me a personal message and I'll get a build out to you.  Please do not contact me if you don't have a Retina display equipped system to test on.

Thanks,

-Kirk

P.S. It is only the previews and thumbnails that are optimized.  No UI bitmaps have been updated yet, so some of the toolbar elements, hover buttons, etc. are still low resolution but that will change when we have new artwork in place.

Hello Kirk,
I am using a macbook pro retina 15" and would therefore happy to test the new Retina PM version.

Thanks and regards, Bernhard

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »
My retina MacBook Pro just arrived now. I guess it is too late to apply for testing as I see the new build has the retina support included.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
My retina MacBook Pro just arrived now. I guess it is too late to apply for testing as I see the new build has the retina support included.

Yes, no need.  But I'm finishing up the work to optimize the various UI elements for Retina display.  It's coming along nicely.

Not ready for testing though but when it is, I'll announce it.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »

Yes, no need.  But I'm finishing up the work to optimize the various UI elements for Retina display.  It's coming along nicely.

Not ready for testing though but when it is, I'll announce it.

-Kirk

Thanks a lot for the great support - also for the Retina displays.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com