Author Topic: Using 469b4 and do not have my stored iptc items anymore  (Read 2186 times)

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Using 469b4 and do not have my stored iptc items anymore
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:51:04 AM »
Not sure what is up here. The PM preferences folder seems to have them but even when I import a backup older folder of these com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic items, I do not get them to appear in the stationary pad.

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Using 469b4 and do not have my stored iptc items anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »
Sorry, details: Intel Mac Pro 10.7.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »
Not sure what is up here. The PM preferences folder seems to have them but even when I import a backup older folder of these com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic items, I do not get them to appear in the stationary pad.

Are you talking about the snapshots (from the lightning bolt button)?

Try saving a new one.   Then click on the lightning bolt button again, and then hold down the Option key and select the item you just saved.  A Finder window will come forward showing you that snapshot.  Are your other items there?  If not, then you didn't restore your backups to the correct location. Copying them from your backup to the folder shown in the Finder should restore them.

-Kirk

Offline andycollings

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »
Hi Kirk
No, I don't believe it's the snapshots/lightning bolt. I attached a screenshot from another one of my computers showing what should be there but isn't on the computer in question.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
Andy,

No, I don't believe it's the snapshots/lightning bolt. I attached a screenshot from another one of my computers showing what should be there but isn't on the computer in question.

Those items are stored in the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs file.  If you quit PM and then copy that file from your backup and replace the current com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefs file, then all of your settings should be restored.

HTH,

-Kirk