Author Topic: Numbers continuation under "rename photos" feature in the set (sequence) variabl  (Read 3326 times)

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
Is it all possible to save in preset for file "rename photos" the last file number sequence for a different particular customer.

I have many repeat customers and I have started numbering their files 000001-CompanyName, 000002-CompanyName, etc etc. so they do not have duplicate numbers such as 001-CompanyName, 001-CompanyName etc from different assignments as I have done in the past.

In the file rename feature the it actually saves the last number but when I have different customers I always have to find the last file number-name used for a particular customer and enter that number +1 into the set (sequence) variable under "rename photos."

Thanks so much
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Mitchell,

Is it all possible to save in preset for file "rename photos" the last file number sequence for a different particular customer.

I have many repeat customers and I have started numbering their files 000001-CompanyName, 000002-CompanyName, etc etc. so they do not have duplicate numbers such as 001-CompanyName, 001-CompanyName etc from different assignments as I have done in the past.

In the file rename feature the it actually saves the last number but when I have different customers I always have to find the last file number-name used for a particular customer and enter that number +1 into the set (sequence) variable under "rename photos."

The sequence number is 'global' and is not saved with snapshots.  We may at some point add the ability to have multiple sequence numbers and then it would be possible to save them with snapshots.

-Kirk