Author Topic: Changing folder names  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Carl Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Changing folder names
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:04:27 PM »
Hi, I was given an extended trial period and am looking the program over now. I had it ingest some files to a folder, then wanted to change the folder name to 06.... instead of 2006. I clicked on the folder in PM folder window and it showed as active. Then clicked again and my flashing pointer ment I was in rename. Moved the marker to the front of the folder, hit delete twice to delete 20 and instead of deleting the name it deleted the last two files from the download. Tried this several times with the same results. Couldn't seem to get it to acknowledge I was in the folder window?

I like the speed of viewing the files but would like to have a better interface.

Thanks for letting me try this out again and will look for a reply to see what I did wrong in the folder window.

Carl

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: Changing folder names
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »
Carl...

What OS are u using? 

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Carl Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 01:42:49 PM »
Hi Delane, I am using windows xp home edition 5.1.2600.

Tried again and I could remove the whole name but when I place the cursor in front of the file name and hit delete it removes the last raw file in the folder and not the first number in the folder like I wanted.

Carl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 03:05:51 PM »
Carl,

Hi Delane, I am using windows xp home edition 5.1.2600.

Tried again and I could remove the whole name but when I place the cursor in front of the file name and hit delete it removes the last raw file in the folder and not the first number in the folder like I wanted.

That's really odd.  What version of Photo Mechanic are you using?  You can find out from the About box (see the Help menu).

-Kirk

Offline Carl Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »
Hi Kirk. I am using version 4.4.3.2.

I had tried a demo several months ago but didn't really look the program over. I now have purchased a catalogue program (iview) and remembered PM so wanted to look it over better to see if I could use it. I like its speed with viewing files to determine which ones to keep or delete. Nice for that aspect for me. Iview is a lot slowere with this aspect of my workflow.

PM will open a raw in CS very quickly and after editing it I used PM to move the file to my finished folder and it moved both raw and side car file so very happy about that too.

Carl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 05:12:04 PM »
Hi Kirk. I am using version 4.4.3.2.

I had tried a demo several months ago but didn't really look the program over. I now have purchased a catalogue program (iview) and remembered PM so wanted to look it over better to see if I could use it. I like its speed with viewing files to determine which ones to keep or delete. Nice for that aspect for me. Iview is a lot slowere with this aspect of my workflow.

PM will open a raw in CS very quickly and after editing it I used PM to move the file to my finished folder and it moved both raw and side car file so very happy about that too.

Please download and install the 4.4.3.3 version.  I believe it fixed the bug you're reporting.  Your demo code should work for that version as well.

-Kirk

Offline Carl Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:20:28 PM »
Thanks Kirk. I will download it and see if it corrects it. If I don't post back you will know it did.

Carl