Author Topic: 4.6.9 Update Issues  (Read 2091 times)

Offline okephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Oke Photography
4.6.9 Update Issues
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »
I just updated to 4.6.9 and found a possible glitch. I lost perhaps between 10% and 20% of the star and color ratings on my images. These are all TIF files that I have noticed so far and from what I can tell it's very random. This is from a sampling of about 40,000 photos.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

UPDATE

When I open the files in Photoshop CS5 they still retain their assigned star rating.

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:43:21 PM by okephoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.9 Update Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
Kevin,

I just updated to 4.6.9 and found a possible glitch. I lost perhaps between 10% and 20% of the star and color ratings on my images. These are all TIF files that I have noticed so far and from what I can tell it's very random. This is from a sampling of about 40,000 photos.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

UPDATE

When I open the files in Photoshop CS5 they still retain their assigned star rating.

What do your IPTC/XMP settings look like.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline okephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Oke Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:56:59 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I've enclosed a few images. I have noticed that the images that have lost their color and star rating often show the star rating in PhotoShop but this is rather random as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:15:12 AM by okephoto »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
Can you upload the KO_FR_13307.tif file so I can take a look inside it?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline okephoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Oke Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I took a look at my main external backup drive on my notebook computer (thinking perhaps the star rating and color were gone before the update) which is running 4.6.7 and some of the photos were missing ratings and colors about a week ago but the number has doubled in the last week so somewhere the info is being stripped out of the images.

Many but not all of these TIF images have very strange exposure data, an example:

Lens (mm): 2
ISO: 200
Aperture:
Shutter: 1/1802
Exp. Comp.: +1.0

This may relate to an issue I had with a well known DAM program a few years ago (since dropped!) that corrupted many of my TIF images but until now I haven't been losing ratings.

Some folders are fine. I just looked at about 600 aerial photos and 400 photos of Paris and they all have their ratings in place even though some of the images have the weird exposure data. Other folders I have lost maybe 25%. I've looked through a huge amount of images at this point and the one item all the problem images have in common is they were at an earlier date cataloged by the old DAM program. Recent work is fine.

I'll upload the file. Perhaps you will see something. The uploaded image carries the strange exposure data.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:15:26 PM by okephoto »