Author Topic: Help! I'm getting the "unsupported format" message doing something I've done 100  (Read 1924 times)

Offline saycheese

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I've done the following a hundred times or more: I edit and partially caption my RAW files in PM 4.6.8. Then I process them with DxO into a new folder. So for example I get a 2mb DxOjpg. Then I put them back into PM and crop and finish captioning (each file a different caption). Then I click 'save as' direct from the PM magnified window with the 'crop' box clicked and save into another folder. I've done this so many times I can't remember, always successfully. Tonight I can't open the files in the end folder 'unsupported format variant'  DxO JPG etc. The original jpegs are opening OK. What am I doing wrong? I don't always add to the caption in stationery pad, tonight I am. Is that the problem?

Offline saycheese

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I've just discovered that if I uncheck 'preserve exif information' the file saves OK. But I've never unchecked that box. What is going on?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I've just discovered that if I uncheck 'preserve exif information' the file saves OK. But I've never unchecked that box. What is going on?

I don't know.  Without having sample files and attempting to do the same operation with PM on our systems, it would be really hard to tell.

If you want to upload some sample files and give me a set of instructions that reproduces the problem, I'd be happy to look into it for you.

-Kirk

Offline saycheese

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk, I could do that later after work. Where do I upload them to? The forum or you personally?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hi Kirk, I could do that later after work. Where do I upload them to? The forum or you personally?

Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' (PM) link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk