Author Topic: Display of Folder Size in megabites/gigabites at bottom of PM contact sheet page  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Hi

Quite a handy feature which I liked from the now defunct iViewMedia Pro was a display at bottom of folder size

PM now currently gives the size of selected files, but not the complete folder size.

My suggestion is that PM displays both selected mb size and folder total size

I know I could just select all, but both attributes at the same time would be very useful to me.

So rather than displaying "2 of 54 (23.70MB)" for example, it could display:
 "2 (23.70MB) of 54 (576.2 MB) "

This would be particularly helpful when splitting a collection to correct amounts (about 4.7GB) for DVDs when backing up, which is what I frequently have to do.

Hope you understand what I mean & would be interested if anyone else would appreciate this feature

Best

Stephen

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
I also like this idea.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Hi

Quite a handy feature which I liked from the now defunct iViewMedia Pro was a display at bottom of folder size

PM now currently gives the size of selected files, but not the complete folder size.

My suggestion is that PM displays both selected mb size and folder total size

I know I could just select all, but both attributes at the same time would be very useful to me.

So rather than displaying "2 of 54 (23.70MB)" for example, it could display:
 "2 (23.70MB) of 54 (576.2 MB) "

It could be added but I don't miss it that much. I don't find it that important to see the two data side by side. You can still select all the files and you see their size. Or when I need the complete folder size I check it in Finder (I suppose Windows has some feature to say complete folder size as well).

This would be particularly helpful when splitting a collection to correct amounts (about 4.7GB) for DVDs when backing up, which is what I frequently have to do.

Hope you understand what I mean & would be interested if anyone else would appreciate this feature

You can have PM split the images for you in the Burn Disk function. You don't have to manually group and select them for burning and you also have the option to select certain files/folders to be added to all disks (for example copyright statements or viewer applications to be included). Check it out. Last time I saw it it looked practical....however I don't use any optical storages for years....neither backup nor product delivery.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography

You can have PM split the images for you in the Burn Disk function. You don't have to manually group and select them for burning and you also have the option to select certain files/folders to be added to all disks (for example copyright statements or viewer applications to be included). Check it out. Last time I saw it it looked practical....however I don't use any optical storages for years....neither backup nor product delivery.

Thanks for this info about PM burning discs - didn't know about it & will check it out

Would still like folder size though  ;)

Steve

www.hotelresortphotography.co.uk