Author Topic: Setting Cropping Ratio  (Read 9612 times)

Offline BKPhotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bruce Kennedy Photography
Setting Cropping Ratio
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:06:50 PM »
I am attempting to set as default the following cropping ration 8.333333 x 6.111111. I need this specific ratio for posting images onto a web based news service. I know how to set a crpping ration of 8x6, but every time I attempt to enter .3333333 or .1111111 when I click on OK, they revert back to 8x6 whole numbers.

The actual size I need is 600x440@72ppi. Any suggestions?

Also, a huge thank you to Kirk (and everyone else involved) for Code Replacement. With the start of summer workout programs for college football teams, code replacement is the best thing since cold beer on a hot day. Once I get all the ACC teams built into a text file, I will make it available to anyone who needs it.

Bruce

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setting Cropping Ratio
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 03:48:16 PM »
I am attempting to set as default the following cropping ration 8.333333 x 6.111111. I need this specific ratio for posting images onto a web based news service. I know how to set a crpping ration of 8x6, but every time I attempt to enter .3333333 or .1111111 when I click on OK, they revert back to 8x6 whole numbers.

The actual size I need is 600x440@72ppi. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately the crop settings are whole numbers.  You could try to enter 83 and 61, which would approximate the settings you're looking for.

Quote from: BKPhotos
Also, a huge thank you to Kirk (and everyone else involved) for Code Replacement. With the start of summer workout programs for college football teams, code replacement is the best thing since cold beer on a hot day. Once I get all the ACC teams built into a text file, I will make it available to anyone who needs it.

It wouldn't have been implemented if it hadn't been suggested.  It has turned out to be a wonderful feature.

-Kirk

Offline convergent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Cropping Ratio
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:32:10 AM »
What is Code Replacement?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile