Author Topic: User options for find and proofing  (Read 5077 times)

Offline bdemay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
User options for find and proofing
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:27:15 PM »
Kirk - A couple of items to make life easier to use the find feature.

First, the addition of a stop search button to click when you spot a spelling error so you won't need to wait for a search to complete before correcting your mistake.

Also an option to put the find tool in the toolbar with user defined default options set in the preference panel so they annoying prompt doesn't take up precious screen space.

A similar user defined default option for the preference panel for printing. Case in point - I print about 50 proofs a day for page designers. It would be nice to be able to click on a proof print icon in the toolbar which would automatically print a proof to my default printer without having to select whether I want a proof or a contact sheet, then having to select print, then having to click print again in the OS X print prompt.

Looking forward to the Leopard launch to have the ability to search across servers.

Keep up the good work

bob

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: User options for find and proofing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:51:44 PM »
Bob,

A couple of items to make life easier to use the find feature.

First, the addition of a stop search button to click when you spot a spelling error so you won't need to wait for a search to complete before correcting your mistake.

Also an option to put the find tool in the toolbar with user defined default options set in the preference panel so they annoying prompt doesn't take up precious screen space.

What annoying prompt?  Do you mean the Find panel itself?

Quote from: bdemay
A similar user defined default option for the preference panel for printing. Case in point - I print about 50 proofs a day for page designers. It would be nice to be able to click on a proof print icon in the toolbar which would automatically print a proof to my default printer without having to select whether I want a proof or a contact sheet, then having to select print, then having to click print again in the OS X print prompt.

What I'd like to do is create 'macro' Favorites from snapshot settings which would appear in the Favorites.  You could then drag and drop photos onto the Favorite and it would execute.  This would work for printing, exporting, saving, uploading, etc.  I think that would be very effective, flexible and powerful.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk