We are pleased to announce the release version of Photo Mechanic 4.6.9.
Download the Mac OS X and Windows versions here
* Added support for the Exif 2.3 Serial Number tag for newer cameras that actually write this field (i.e. not guaranteed to be there even if camera is writing Exif 2.3).
* Improved support for the Canon EOS 1DX and EOS 5D Mark III, including a problem with Ingest not tagging Locked photos (in the camera).
* Added support for RAW ORF files from the Olympus E-PL3 and E-PM1.
* Added memory cache recovery for better handling of large images (e.g. greater than 25 megapixels) to alleviate problems with 100% previews. This was mostly an issue on Windows because of its reduced application memory compared to Mac OS X. If you are experiencing problems with operations such as Save As with large images then try to avoid zooming to 100%, and also try reducing the size of your memory cache preference (having a large memory cache can exacerbate low memory problems).
* Fixed various memory leaks that could eventually cause a memory allocation failure for users editing or ingesting a very large number of photos.
* Fixed an issue when sequentially ingesting cards with filenames that overlap. This can happen when the user sets their camera preference to start filer numbering at 0001 for each card.
* Fixed an issue with copying/ingesting JPEG files while embedding ICC profiles under certain circumstances.
* Fixed a problem updating XMP in LZW-compress TIFF files saved by Capture NX2.
* Fixed issues when updating IPTC/XMP metadata in PNG files that have had tag, rating, color class, or crops applied.
* Changes to repeatable IPTC fields such as keywords and caption writers no longer causes unwanted warnings when the changes are only related to formatting (e.g. white space).
* Added a workaround for viewing NEF files processed by Nikon Image Transfer that are not written properly.
* Fixed a problem with adding GPS coordinates to Canon 30D JPEG files.
* The Exif Digitized Date/Time tag is now updated when using the Adjust Capture Times command.
* Ingest now ignores Fuji FFDB.DAT files, Canon Comstate files, and EYEFI folders.
* Lossless JPEG rotation now uses default DPI setting instead of Save As DPI setting.
* Fixed a problem with PM SlideShow playback becoming unresponsive with a large number of files.
* Updated the ZenFolio uploader template to use their new API server URL.