Author Topic: Photo Mechanic V5 Beta  (Read 21386 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Photo Mechanic V5 Beta
« on: July 05, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
Hi I'm a registered user of PM 4.6.9 and just downloaded the version 5 beta, when I start it up it's asking me for registration information and a password what do I need to do in order to try the beta version out?

Thanks
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic V5 Beta
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Same thing ! My password is not working !!!! What should we do ???
Best Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
You'll have to get demo codes or purchase a new update license.  The new Photo Mechanic: Version 5 is a free upgrade for users that have updates through July of 2012.  It sounds like your updates period has expired.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »
How do I go about getting a new update license, when I go to the Camerabits home page and click the "Buy" button  a dialog box pops up and tells me "This will link to the Buy page on Spree" but doesn't do anything.  If I get the demo codes to try out version 5 will I be able to buy the update license at a later date?

Thanks
Ron
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
Ron,

How do I go about getting a new update license, when I go to the Camerabits home page and click the "Buy" button  a dialog box pops up and tells me "This will link to the Buy page on Spree" but doesn't do anything.  If I get the demo codes to try out version 5 will I be able to buy the update license at a later date?

Refresh the home page and try again.  It should work now.

If not, get a demo code and later you'll certainly be able to purchase an update license.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
Ron,

If not, get a demo code and later you'll certainly be able to purchase an update license.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk the link now works, one more question, if I purchase the upgrade license, will I be able to use this upgrade license information in the the Version 5 registration form, or do I have to first enter the upgrade license info in my current version of PM 4.6.9?

Thanks
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Ron,

Thanks Kirk the link now works, one more question, if I purchase the upgrade license, will I be able to use this upgrade license information in the the Version 5 registration form, or do I have to first enter the upgrade license info in my current version of PM 4.6.9?

Either way should work fine.

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »
Ron,

Either way should work fine.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk, purchased the upgrade license, entered registration info and I'm checking out Version 5 now. So far looks great!
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline smudger86nz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
Hi Kirk, i received the email including: As a current licensed user of Photo Mechanic (with upgrades are good through July 2012)......but when i enter my current password ( or the latest one i can find in my files ) i also get the password no good message ? It is still July in the USA isn't it, you are usually a day behind us !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
Hi Kirk, i received the email including: As a current licensed user of Photo Mechanic (with upgrades are good through July 2012)......but when i enter my current password ( or the latest one i can find in my files ) i also get the password no good message ? It is still July in the USA isn't it, you are usually a day behind us !

When did you purchase your most recent update license?

-Kirk

Offline djjcarroll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »
How does one get demo codes? I thought I saw it mentioned when I first logged into the new V5 but after I entered my current Login Data I do not see that "Get Demo Code" offer again.
DJJC

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
How does one get demo codes? I thought I saw it mentioned when I first logged into the new V5 but after I entered my current Login Data I do not see that "Get Demo Code" offer again.

With your web browser, go to www.camerabits.com and click on the [try] link on the home page.

-Kirk

Offline smudger86nz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
Hi Kirk
The last email i can find says it expires July 10, but the auto email i copied to u says July 12 unless that was just a generic copy ?

However my latest version of PM is 4.6.8  from 10 Sep 2011 which is working on my current password. Perhaps it ran out on June 30 2012....or this could just be more of July all software hates me month ?!
Cheers, Anthony

Offline smudger86nz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Kirk, i have in the interim got a demo code but would like to see if there is some little glich going on with my current details.

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
Just downloaded PM v5 beta and have a couple of questions before I install it and begin trying it out.

Bearing in mind the inadvisability of using beta software for critical work, can I have both the new v5 beta and my current v4.6.8 PM installed at the same time?  Will the new version overwrite the previous version's preference files etc?

Just being extra-cautious! :-)  Can't wait to try out the new features!

Cheers,

Paul