Author Topic: Photo Mechanic V5 Beta  (Read 21383 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic V5 Beta
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
Hello Kirk,

you're likely doing your best to make the v5 launch as good as possible.. but really the beta version without possibility to launch this beta soft because we need a demo code sounds like a joke !? You will be obliged to give many answers on this forum concerning this question.. wouldn't not easier to allow a try until mid of july for everyone or do you want to avoid people using this new software, I mean all those who even doesn't know about PM 4.6 ??

I beg your pardon, but Camerabits have to come back down to earth.

Could you imagine if everyone thought that because the beta didn't ask for an up to date registration, they were going to get the final release for free and then once the release came out they wouldn't get it for free?  I'm certain this would cause far more problems than telling people up front that they have to either get a free demo code (only takes a moment of your time) or have an up to date registration.

People who don't yet have PM 4.6 or haven't yet heard of Photo Mechanic at all but want to find out about and try Photo Mechanic: Version 5 can simply and easily get a free demo code and they'll be on their way.

-Kirk

Offline Major Tom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
I have both versions installed (Windows 7) and so far no problem with the 2 of them. I can even open a folder I edited in 5 and my color ratings show up fine.

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:12 AM »
Now it works. Strangely the same demo code wouldn't work yesterday. PM5 seems to be even faster now. But this dark and black look isn't good for my old eyes. Reading IPTCs is very difficult. Is there a way to get the old look back?

Best
John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:56 AM »
John,

Now it works. Strangely the same demo code wouldn't work yesterday. PM5 seems to be even faster now. But this dark and black look isn't good for my old eyes. Reading IPTCs is very difficult. Is there a way to get the old look back?

No, not at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
I myself would also like to have the old look back...
regards,

-Luiz Muzzi