Author Topic: PM v5 Beta - registration  (Read 8244 times)

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM v5 Beta - registration
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
For the beta, do I need to request the demo license or can I use my current serial number?  I tried my current serial number and it didn't work.

Offline ricardsonwilliams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM v5 Beta - registration
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
I have the same problem... I have the 4.XX license but I cannot use in version 5 Beta.....

Guys how to do???

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »
Your copy is probably too old to participate in the beta. From the announcement:

As a current licensed user of Photo Mechanic with upgrades good through July of 2012, you have the option to preview the beta for free before the final release version will be made available to the public in mid-July.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
I am on 4.6.9.

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
Please check you latest mail with the registration informations.
There is stated how long you will get updates.

Sven
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »
I am on 4.6.9.

It all depends on when you purchased your license to Photo Mechanic. If you bought your copy prior to July 2011 you are most likely NOT eligible for the beta at this time.

Thanks to how awesome Camera Bits is, everyone who purchased a copy of 4.6 even as far back as 2009 were still allowed to upgrade, for free, all the way to 4.6.9 despite the license only containing updates for one year.  But for the beta this means what version you are using now isn't as important as when you bought your current license.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Why sending out emails regarding the Beta when my license are NOT eligible for the beta? They should have sent out different emails for us who are not current licensed users of PM and different emails to the ones who are eligible to view the beta.

Now I ended up downloading the beta and for what use? The beta should be available for all their customers.

Update: I finally figured out that I could request a demo key to view the beta. Should have been mentioned in the email from CameraBits.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:16:47 AM by Peter E »

Offline Mart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »
Use your old version off photmechanic 4.6.8 or 4.6.9
and if you want to use sftp try filezilla, thats free and good.
This company only wants to earn mony and are not comforting and helping their clients. I would recommend not to use photomechanic anymore ;)

Offline tonys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:16 AM »
I also received an email this morning (UK) inviting me to "download the new Beta 5" - and even telling me I was "eligible for update thru July 2012"

SO WHY allow me to download it - if you are not going to allow me to try it?

And WHY name the file the same as the previous version - which simply overwrites my version 4.6.8?

And, finally - after correcting the first two issue (above) if you are going to allow a short "trial", why doesn't the intro screen allow me to request one???

I'm pretty fed up at the moment - THANKS FOR NOTHING!

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 03:35:56 AM »
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
I agree with Cox above.
Camera Bits should be thanked for allowing customers to upgrade for free all the way to 4.6.9.
This happened with me.
regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline OldGrim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
Wow

purchased in 07/2009 and am up to date 4.6.9 surely this makes me a valuable customer who has proved their dedication to a product over time and makes me even more important for trying out the beta version the longer the use the more valuable the input is to a beta.

I am the first on the list to pay for upgrade.? as is everyone else who is currently awaiting pm5 and its cataloging ability.

Please tell me this not true Kirk

Many Thanks

Cheyni Saville

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Cheyni,

purchased in 07/2009 and am up to date 4.6.9 surely this makes me a valuable customer who has proved their dedication to a product over time and makes me even more important for trying out the beta version the longer the use the more valuable the input is to a beta.

I am the first on the list to pay for upgrade.? as is everyone else who is currently awaiting pm5 and its cataloging ability.

Our policy for the 'year's worth of free upgrades' has always been that if you purchase either a new license or an updates license and a major new release comes out within a year that you will receive the major new release at no extra charge.  Your free upgrades period expired in July of 2010.  So if you were to try PM5 now, PM5 would not accept your current registration because it is too old to qualify for a free upgrade to the major new release.

We want you to be able to try the beta and give us your input on it.  All that is required of you is to visit our website and obtain a Demo Code.  You can get one here by clicking on the [try] button in the menu bar of the home page:

http://camerabits.com

You are certainly a valued customer.  Look for an upcoming pre-release discount on updates licenses.

-Kirk

Offline rgolub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
You might make it a little clearer.  When you click on [Try] it tells you you're going to demo 4.6.9.  Wait.  What?