Author Topic: SFTP upload error  (Read 6932 times)

Offline BCTimes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SFTP upload error
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Running Photo Mechanic 4.6.7 on Windows 7.

I'm trying to ftp photos directly from PM to a SFTP folder on a remote server. All of the settings are in correctly but I'm still getting this error. I've tried it with different images and still the same problem. Does anyone know A. what the error means, B. if it is a problem with the program/computer/image, and C. how to fix it?

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SFTP upload error
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
Running Photo Mechanic 4.6.7 on Windows 7.

I'm trying to ftp photos directly from PM to a SFTP folder on a remote server. All of the settings are in correctly but I'm still getting this error. I've tried it with different images and still the same problem. Does anyone know A. what the error means, B. if it is a problem with the program/computer/image, and C. how to fix it?

I'll have to check with the engineer that wrote the SFTP uploader and get back to you.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

The engineer says that it looks like there is some sort of socket connection problem that occurs when talking to your remote server.  This could be an indication that the server refused your connection.  Have you tried any other SFTP client applications, and have you gotten them to work?

-Kirk

Offline BCTimes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
I have used Filezilla with the same settings and it has no problem getting in or uploading. Could it be an option that PM does not let you change? What settings could i change on either the PM end, or the remote server end that might resolve that?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »
I have used Filezilla with the same settings and it has no problem getting in or uploading. Could it be an option that PM does not let you change? What settings could i change on either the PM end, or the remote server end that might resolve that?

Are you certain that you have all of your settings correctly entered in the SFTP uploader?  Server address, port, username and password?

-Kirk

Offline BCTimes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »
Yes to all of those. Re-entered and checked several times.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »
Yes to all of those. Re-entered and checked several times.

If you want to send me the login information (privately only, please) I'll try and connect on my own system where I can get better debugging information.

-Kirk

Offline glensnap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:38:58 AM »
Hi there,
I am having a similar problem with a SFTP site.  Have tried entering the user/pass/site many times but had no joy? 
Any ideas greatly received?
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
Glen,

I am having a similar problem with a SFTP site.  Have tried entering the user/pass/site many times but had no joy? 

The most common issue is trying to use the SFTP uploader with a server that is an FTPS server.  The SFTP uploader does not work with FTPS servers.  What kind of server are you trying to connect to?

-Kirk

Offline glensnap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:55 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I have double checked and the server I am trying to connect to is SFTP. Could I send you the details to try from your end?
If so where do I send?
Many thanks
Glen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 06:37:49 AM »
Glen,

I have double checked and the server I am trying to connect to is SFTP. Could I send you the details to try from your end?
If so where do I send?

Don't post it here, please.  Send me a personal message.  Click on my name to the left of this message and then click the 'Send PM' link.

Thanks,

-Kirk