Author Topic: PMv5 Beta - Changes to Find & Replace  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
PMv5 Beta - Changes to Find & Replace
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »
I often have to make changes to the IPTC data of large batches of images using the Find & Replace tool. In previous versions of PM I simply selected all the images I want to make changes on, applied the Find & Replace tool then changed a couple of criteria in the Find & Replace window and apply those changes to the same set of images.

However, in PMv5 when I use the Find & Replace tool to make changes to a bunch of images, when F&R completes it deselects any images that it did not make changes to. So, I then have to reselect the images I want to change in order to do my next F&R. Is there any way to get back to the previous way F&R worked, i.e., at the completion of a Find & Replace all the selected images are still selected.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: PMv5 Beta - Changes to Find & Replace
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
I often have to make changes to the IPTC data of large batches of images using the Find & Replace tool. In previous versions of PM I simply selected all the images I want to make changes on, applied the Find & Replace tool then changed a couple of criteria in the Find & Replace window and apply those changes to the same set of images.

However, in PMv5 when I use the Find & Replace tool to make changes to a bunch of images, when F&R completes it deselects any images that it did not make changes to. So, I then have to reselect the images I want to change in order to do my next F&R. Is there any way to get back to the previous way F&R worked, i.e., at the completion of a Find & Replace all the selected images are still selected.

Cheers,

Paul

Both aproaches seem to be useful in certain cases, but I too would prefer the old one better most of the time. perhaps this behavior could be optional with a check box: Deselect unchanged items.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:44:40 PM »
I quite like that solution.  I will try to implement it for an upcoming beta.

-Kirk

Offline dcormier

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Could there also be cases where the opposite behavior (deselect changed images) would be nice? Perhaps a more ideal solution could be a set of 3 radio buttons:

• Keep selection after changes
  • Deselect changed images
  • Deselect unchanged images