Author Topic: Rename file - Substring addition  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Rename file - Substring addition
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
I have been struggling to rename a large batch of files. I have used {filenamebase:1} to take out the underscore at the start of the filename ( I wish Nikon would drop that!) but I want to add a D at the start of the file name. So the old file name would be _7001234.NEF, new file name is now 7001234.NEF. But I cannot figure out how to Add the D.  :-[

It would also be nice if I could add FF at the end of the file as my agent likes some way to identify each photographers images by initials.

So, the old file name would be _7001234.NEF and the new file name would be D7001234FF.NEF.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename file - Substring addition
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
I have been struggling to rename a large batch of files. I have used {filenamebase:1} to take out the underscore at the start of the filename ( I wish Nikon would drop that!) but I want to add a D at the start of the file name. So the old file name would be _7001234.NEF, new file name is now 7001234.NEF. But I cannot figure out how to Add the D.  :-[

It would also be nice if I could add FF at the end of the file as my agent likes some way to identify each photographers images by initials.

So, the old file name would be _7001234.NEF and the new file name would be D7001234FF.NEF.

Use this as your rename string:

D{filenamebase:1}FF

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Rename file - Substring addition
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
Thanks Kirk, much appreciated.