Author Topic: Logitech driver causes Mouse wheel ratchet click to become super sensitive  (Read 3286 times)

Offline nharnik

• View Profile

I’m running:
OS X 10.6.8
Photo Mechanic 4.6.9
Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse
MBP 13” circa 2011

I thought I might share what to do if you are in PM’s preview window and unexpectedly a single mouse wheel click advances several images, usually between 3 and 6 images at a time instead of the normal behavior of one image advancing per click. The Logitech mouse wheel just becomes super super sensitive.

On my machine I found the culprit to be a recent installation of Logitech’s “Logitech Control Center (LCC)” software, which is their mouse drivers and a “unifying” utility that manages all of their wireless devices on the Mac.

Apple’s own mouse drivers work quite well with the Logitech mouse, but I was (am) suffering from an intermittent mouse cursor lag during extended editing sessions involving PM and Lightroom, and thought perhaps installing the Logitech drivers might eliminate the lag. Instead it created a more serious problem for me in Photo Mechanic, so the Logitech software had to go.

To uninstall the Logitech software one needs to remove the Logitech preference pane from System Preferences and also uninstall the Logitech unifying utility which I believe resides in the Applications/Utilities folder. A reboot following the uninstall and my Photo Mechanic is back to normal. I’m still not sure what to do with the annoying mouse lag, perhaps more RAM will do the trick.

Cheers,
N