Author Topic: PM v5 Simpleviewer export  (Read 19361 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
PM v5 Simpleviewer export
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
I love much of what I see in the new PM!  kudos to the team!

Once I edit a set of photos, I use the simpleviewer export to generate and upload a web gallery so people can see my proofs.   So naturally, that's the first thing I tested in PM 5.  Sadly, by default, it generated a very different page that I'm used to generating.   I can't get the the thumbs and images do display on the same page, and the full size images are dictated, it seems, by the browser window size, rather than the size I specify.  I've fiddled with the settings, and they don't seem to make any difference.

However (and I've not tested this) I'm psyched that PM & simpleviewer no longer require flash.  I get a lot of requests  to have my galleries visible on non-flash platforms.

Ron

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Re: PM v5 Simpleviewer export
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:20:15 AM »
Has anyone else hit the simpleviewer export problem?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »
Ron,

It was apparently left unfinished by the engineer who worked on it.  He is no longer with the company so we'll either need to pull it and replace it with the one from PM 4.6.9 or get someone else in house to fix it.  I'm too busy right now to try to fix it.

-Kirk

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:09:44 AM »
Kirk - I'm loving PM5 - but I keep going back to 4 for simpleviewer generation.

I love that it generates HTML5, but not that it doesnt respect the max image size anymore.  Also the thumbnails need to be cropped square.  They are displayed square -- and as a result they are distorted, unless the original image is square.

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
bump.

I'm glad I have the option to have both PM4 and PM 5 installed .    I have to continue to use PM3 for simpleviewer export.  I would not hate this so much if PM4 export recognized PM5 crops.  Ugh.

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »
This was a feature of PM4 that worked great and I've used it for hundreds of clients.  Sadly, it's no longer client-worthy after release of PM5.

Thanks to all the Camera Bits team for their effort on PM5.  But I'm not happy that you took a critical feature away.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »
This was a feature of PM4 that worked great and I've used it for hundreds of clients.  Sadly, it's no longer client-worthy after release of PM5.

Thanks to all the Camera Bits team for their effort on PM5.  But I'm not happy that you took a critical feature away.

Ron, have already tried copying the template code from PM 4.6.9 to e.g. your own template directory? This would give you back the old (working) version.

HTH,
Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:03 AM »
Ron,

I no longer have the time to work on exporters.  I am trying to get another engineer to take on the work but he is also swamped right now.  It will eventually get fixed.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:03 AM »
Kirk,

On the subject of Simpleviewer. How do I increase the standard PM template limit from 50 images to unlimited?

Without getting involved in code etc, do I just upgrade to the Pro version?

Any advice to keep life quick and simple at the moment would be helpful.

David

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »
David - the 50 image limit must be new with PM 5.  I never hit any limit with PM4 -- i've created galleries with hundreds of images.

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
Yes, just tried 4.69 and there is no limit on the number of images that can be run with Simpleviewer.

Kirk, could you advise how I overcome the limit of 50 images on Ver 5 Simpleviewer?

David

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:23:02 AM »
David - aside from the 50 file limit, are you getting the SV export to work on PM?  Or are you running into the same bugs I describe above (which to me render it unusable)?

The 50 image limit seems new to Simpleviewer -- not PM.   See here... http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pro/#comparison

The pro version is inexpensive... if PM was working right, then I'd have no hesitation to buy the pro version.

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »

Ron, have already tried copying the template code from PM 4.6.9 to e.g. your own template directory? This would give you back the old (working) version.

HTH,
Hayo

Hayo... willing to try.   Thank you!   I need a couple hints to get this started.  Is there doc on this somewhere?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »
Hi Ron,

There's a bit of documentation in the main manual (see download section) but it is not really required for what you want to do 8)

Because, to make your life easier, I have actually attached a slightly modified 4.6.9 version (only the name is changed) of the simpleviewer exporter in a zip file. You should just unzip this into your “user exporter templates” directory (see Preferences|Files) and you should now see the new Simpleviewer469 in your exporter dialogue. That's about it  :)

Hope this solves your problem,
Hayo

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:28:05 AM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »
Thanks Hayo!  While that work, and I learned even more cool stuff about PM, it's not really a workaround.

The real reason I upgraded to PM5 was to get HTML5 galleries.   Regrettably, they don't work.  At least not with Simpleviewer exporter.

I first reported this back in July.  It's unfortunate that it has not been addressed yet.