Author Topic: after apply crop in PM5 PS opens Cameraraw  (Read 2279 times)

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
after apply crop in PM5 PS opens Cameraraw
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »
Hi,
when I use the crop tool on a jpeg and send this file (not a copy with the crop applied) to Photoshop CS6, PS opens Camera Raw (the crop is applied) to work with the file.
What's the reason for this behavior?
greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: after apply crop in PM5 PS opens Cameraraw
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »
Hi,
when I use the crop tool on a jpeg and send this file (not a copy with the crop applied) to Photoshop CS6, PS opens Camera Raw (the crop is applied) to work with the file.
What's the reason for this behavior?

Photo Mechanic's crops are not compatible with Adobe's crops.  You set a crop on your photo which wrote the crop information into your JPEG.  When you sent it to Photoshop, the ACR plugin recognized the crop and shows the crop on your image.  If you simply click Open in the ACR window then the crop is applied.  If that is not what you want then you can remove the crop in the ACR plugin window.

Most people tell us that this new behavior is extremely convenient and is a real time saver.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
Yes, for some including me it is a good thing the crop transfers into Camera Raw even for JPEGs. But the behaviour (if the JPEG is opened into Photoshop or ACR) is decided by Adobe Camera Raw, not PM. ACR just recognises the saved crop information inside the XMP. You just have to change Adobe Camera Raw preferences to Disable JPEG support. You must have had ACR set to Automatically open JPEGs with settings currently.

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
Hi,
thanks again for the proper informations ...
greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio