Author Topic: PM 5.0 Disturbing Preview Toolbar Icons  (Read 24390 times)

Offline fearless

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 5.0 Disturbing Preview Toolbar Icons
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »
Hi - just want to go on record as requesting that the whole toolbar in Windows version be similar to 4.6.9.  Icons WAY too big and agree it takes away from the overall experience.   I use both Mac and PC and for my PC, am back to 4.6.9 till this is, I hope, addressed.  Other than that, love the program. 

Offline Tim S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:50 AM »
Thanks fearless.  4.6.9 sounds like an attractive option until this is resolved.  Is it still available to download and will it run Win7 64bit OS?

Offline Tim S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 08:25:34 AM »
I just installed 4.6.9 and agree the icons are better, so think I'll stick with that version until an update is announced.  Would much prefer they could be removed altogether like the Mac version though.

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »
Would much prefer they could be removed altogether like the Mac version though.
The toolbar customisation is a function of the MacOS, not something that's coded into PM5 for Mac.
(I'm pretty sure I'm correct about that, but i could also be totally wrong!)

I have to agree about the icons tho', they're truly ugly. I wonder how much it costs for a company to custom design icons? I've always liked the work of The Iconfactory, however I understand Camera Bits do intend to redo the toolbar icons but I'm guessing they'd rather try and release their PM Catalog sometime in 2013 (last press release I saw announced "Expected to be released publically in early 2012, Photo Mechanic 5 and Photo Mechanic Catalog…".

All the very best.

Cheers,
Tony