Photo Mechanic > Support

Canon 1D Mk I Raw Previews

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Roger Mudd on May 06, 2006, 08:20:01 AM ---I'd love to see Windows support for this feature. You mention that Vista may provide you with the framework to implement this, however, I just read that delivery of Vista may be delayed even further (2Q 2007).

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/05/02/microsoft.vista.reut/

Would proper protocol here dictate that I submit a "Feature Request" in the appropriate forum? Also, am I the only one clamoring for this? Are others here still using the original 1D and would they like to see this feature implemented via Canon's SDK?
--- End quote ---

No need to request it.  Adding RAW support on Windows, Vista or otherwise, is planned.  Vista just promises wider support than just Nikon or Canon which is attractive.  To my knowledge, only Nikon and Canon provide developer SDKs for rendering their respective RAW formats.  So while we wait for Vista to come along, we can support Canon and Nikon RAW files.

-Kirk

Ron Scheffler:
Roger, I'm sure you're aware of this but at the moment the easiest workaround is to shoot RAW+JPEG which PM will display as one thumbnail if you set it up to do so with RAW and JPEG pairs and PM will automatically preview the full resolutin JPEG file rather than the puny thumbnail embedded in the RAW. You don't need to record a high quality JPEG either. Large at a setting of 2 or 3 will give you good enough quality to judge sharpness while not taking up too much extra space.

Andrew MacKay:
My 1D is away getting repaired at the moment :( but as soon as it's back I will try shooting some RAW and see how PM on Vista beta works with them..

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Andrew MacKay on May 06, 2006, 05:27:34 PM ---My 1D is away getting repaired at the moment :( but as soon as it's back I will try shooting some RAW and see how PM on Vista beta works with them..
--- End quote ---

It won't.  Since Vista is not a shipping operating system we do not have any code in Photo Mechanic that takes advantage of it.  You won't see any difference running PM on Vista over running PM on XP.

-Kirk

Roger Mudd:
First off, thanks to all who have posted a response to this thread. It's obvious PM has a knowledgeable and responsive development staff and user base.

Ron... I truly appreciate your input, but losing storage space in-camera is but one of my concerns in regard to shooting RAW+JPEG. I also have to worry about storing and organizing all the JPEGs once they are copied to my drive and then backed up onto another hard drive and DVDs. It adds up after a while. That's the biggest hurdle for me in terms of adopting PM over Bridge.

Kirk... There's no way to not sound pushing asking this, so I'll just go ahead and blurt it out. Is there a timetable for incorporating Windows RAW support for the original 1D?

Thanks again for all your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version