Author Topic: Ingest and Upload issues.  (Read 2708 times)

Offline ajmast

• View Profile
Ingest and Upload issues.
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »
Win 64b PM5b2

Ingest:
Doing my first normal ingest cycle with PM 5 it is crazy slow. JPG's only, applying basic IPTC. 394mb (106 images) took right at 3 minutes. Screenshot of ingest window attached.
Closed and restarted, same speed. Windows Explorer copy of same files (from CF to Disk) took ~15 seconds.
4.6.9 on my second computer took ~15 seconds.

Upload:
Sent 26 images to Photoshelter, created a new archive to send to, hit enter: Create Archive window did not go away, Upload dialogue popped up and started sending.
Create Archive window remained up while upload was happening and could not close window or access contact sheet while upload was ongoing. Minimizing Upload window, minimized all PM5b2 windows. Ended up having to Force Close. It was behaving like there was a pop up or dialogue I could not see that wanted attention.  Screen shot attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:43:57 PM by ajmast »

Offline MorganLynnPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest and Upload issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »
Not sure if this has been resolved, but I have seen several threads and my solution was a little bit different so I thought I would share. I'm running Win7 64-bit with a Delkin Imagerouter for ingesting and had some extremely slow ingest times after upgrading to PM5. I noticed that for some reason when I upgraded to PM5 the old version (4.6.8) of PM didn't uninstall and I had 2 versions om my computer. When I uninstalled the old version the ingest problem was fixed and now I'm ingesting normally.