Author Topic: {iy4} and other variables not working for folder names upon ingest in v5b  (Read 4925 times)

Offline NickML

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I scrolled back over the last few days posts but couldn't see this specifically mentioned.

Using v5beta1/2, versus 4.6.9 on a Intel Mac using 10.6.8:

I use the following ingest folder name convention:

{iyr4}{imn0}{idy0}-JOBNAME

On 4.6.9 this produces something like 20120612-JOBNAME

However on 5.x this becomes -JOBNAME

Is this by accident or design ?

~Nick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Nick,

I'd say it's a bug.

But just to be sure: are you applying a date in the IPTC Stationery Pad?  Because if you're not, then your images don't yet have an IPTC date.

-Kirk

Offline NickML

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk,

Best as I can see, PM5 has inherited all the Ingest settings from PM4.x, including the local IPTC stationery. IPTC>Event and Location>Date is checked and set to 'Today'. I've just ingested the same card in PM4 and PM5, and I can't see any difference in the settings.

~Nick

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hi Nick,

I recommend using the Date Sort variable, {datesort}, in the folder name field. If your Ingested images don't have an IPTC date set, then the IPTC date variables shouldn't return anything.  The Date Sort variable returns an 8 digit number with the following format :  YYYYMMDD, based on the image capture date.      I tried using your IPTC date variables in the folder name field on my X.6.8 Mac with PM v5 beta 2 and it does use the correct date from the variables.   You might try  re-installing the PM v5 beta to see if this fixes the problem.  If not, then use the Date Sort variable, {datesort} in the Ingest dialog's folder name field.

regards,

--Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Nick

Best as I can see, PM5 has inherited all the Ingest settings from PM4.x, including the local IPTC stationery. IPTC>Event and Location>Date is checked and set to 'Today'. I've just ingested the same card in PM4 and PM5, and I can't see any difference in the settings.

We've had a number of reports of this issue but have as of yet been unable to reproduce the problem in house.  Would you be willing to run a logging version of PM?

What camera are you using?
What image type are you working with?  JPEG? RAW?  If RAW, what format of RAW file?

Also, could you post screen shots of your IPTC/XMP settings, and Files settings?

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline NickML

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk,

Happy to run a logging version if needed. These are NNEF (.nef) files from a Nikon D300s. Screenshots attached. {datesort} seems to work fine, however.

~Nick

[attachment deleted by admin]