Author Topic: unabel to adjust width of stationairy pad-window  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Rob Versteeg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
unabel to adjust width of stationairy pad-window
« on: July 14, 2012, 04:25:15 AM »
V5 build 12883  Windows 7 X64

Opening image -> stationairy pad I am not able to adjust the widt of the stationairy-pad-window.
Funny thing: when going back to V4.6 I have the same issue (never had problems before)

regard Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: unabel to adjust width of stationairy pad-window
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 07:13:39 AM »
Rob,

The IPTC Stationery Pad dialog has always been sizable only in the vertical direction.

-Kirk

Offline dandill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
Kirk, are there plans to fix the stationary pad window so that text is not cut off on the right, perhaps because I have Windows 7 adjusted to use 110% font size (due to the high resolution of my display)?

Dan
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:56:08 AM by dandill »

Offline Rob Versteeg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »
Yes, that's it!  My eyes are getting old, so I too adjusted the windowsize to > 100%
But now the stationairy pad does not show correctly: not everything is inside the window and the left and right colomn slightly overlap.
That is why I wanted to adjust the width of the window in the first place.  Sorry, but I cannot properly read my screen if set my screen to 100%.
(not even with glasses on!)  :-\

In my view this must be considered a bug in PM. It should be possible to adjust the width of the window.

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
Rob and Dan,

It is a bug that the window isn't already wide enough and that the controls overlap or go off the edge of the window.  Once that is solved for your larger than normal settings, it will still be unnecessary to have the IPTC Stationery Pad sizable in the horizontal direction.

I need to know more about your settings.  I go into the Fonts settings on my Windows 7 system and set it to 125% and the IPTC dialogs look great.  There must be some other setting or a different way of setting higher DPI that you both are using that I'm missing out on.  Please help me reproduce this problem and I'll be sure to fix it for you.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline dandill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »
Thanks for this Kirk.

On my Lenovo W520 Windows 7 system I have set the font size as Custom 110%, so that things match my attached Eizo ColorEdge CG210.

In the Custom DPI Setting panel, I have selected "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling"

Dan

Offline Rob Versteeg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
See attachment.  (sorry for the Dutch language, I went into: screen, adjust personal settings, adjust dpi - I used the part that sais: 'aagngepaste tekengrootte instellen (dpi)  -> adjust caracter size (dpi)  and set it to 110%    Now I miss the right part of the windowcontent including scrollbar and teh left/richt colomn overlap in th middle.

[attachment deleted by admin]