Author Topic: 4.4.3.2 Date problem still  (Read 8269 times)

Offline gmgrant

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.4.3.2 Date problem still
« on: August 06, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
Updated to 4.4.3.2, but still having problem where date in IPTC Stationary Pad keeps resetting to today's date every time the Stationary Pad is opened. It should stay where you last set it, correct? I dont believe this happened in ?4.3.8?

Mac OSX 10.4.6

Thanks in advance.

gg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.4.3.2 Date problem still
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:36:23 PM »
Updated to 4.4.3.2, but still having problem where date in IPTC Stationary Pad keeps resetting to today's date every time the Stationary Pad is opened. It should stay where you last set it, correct? I dont believe this happened in ?4.3.8?

Mac OSX 10.4.6

I traced through the code and found the problem.  It is now fixed.  The bug started in 4.4.3.1 and wasn't entirely fixed in 4.4.3.2.

I guess there will be a 4.4.3.3...

-Kirk

Offline daveJDSP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »
Date problem still.
WinXP Athon 64X2
I am new to Photo Mechanic so I don't know what I am doing. However, in the stationery pad, the date always comes up checked and set to today's date, regardless of how I set the preferences (Edit>Preferences).

One other problem. I don't see how to put the capture date and time into the [Time and Date] field, other than looking it up and typing it in directly. The field won't accept variables and there is no [Exif capture date/time] button (in the way that there is a [Today] button). This applies to both the IPTC info and the IPTC stationery pad.

I can't use Photo Mechanic at all without it being able to properly and automatically put my capture date/times into the time & date fields. Oh, also, where is the GMT offset?

I am hoping that we can standardize on Photo Mechanic for our IPTC editor and browsing tool. It looks very hopeful so far. Some very nice features & capabilities!

Offline gmgrant

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »
Kirk-

I am still having this problem with x.3.3 - just wondering if others were as well.

Thanks.

gg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:29:52 PM »
gg,

I am still having this problem with x.3.3 - just wondering if others were as well.

Are you certain that you have the preference to always use today's date turned off in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog?

-Kirk