Author Topic: OPEN In-camera tag issue  (Read 2410 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
OPEN In-camera tag issue
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
I had a shoot today using Canon EOS 5D mkIII and 1DmkIV, where I tagged the keepers in camera and erased all the rest from both cameras.

I ingested tha cards at once from both cameras and only those from the 5D mk3 and all other photos lost their tags.
If it would be a reset tag option then all files would loose their tags. And I didn't set PM to reset tags.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: OPEN In-camera tag issue
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
Szurkebarat,

I had a shoot today using Canon EOS 5D mkIII and 1DmkIV, where I tagged the keepers in camera and erased all the rest from both cameras.

I ingested tha cards at once from both cameras and only those from the 5D mk3 and all other photos lost their tags.
If it would be a reset tag option then all files would loose their tags. And I didn't set PM to reset tags.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Which build are you using?  Which OS are you running?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: OPEN In-camera tag issue
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »
Szurkebarat,

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Which build are you using?  Which OS are you running?

-Kirk

OSX 10.6.8 PM5 12738 (d32f517)

I had 200 images from two cameras one of them Canon EOS 5D mk3 the other is Canon EOS 1D mk IV most of the images tagged in camera with the protect button. After ingest only the 5D images were tagged in PM. Tags from the 1D mk4 images was removed during ingest.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com