Author Topic: Preview Features wish list  (Read 8025 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Preview Features wish list
« on: May 05, 2006, 10:31:21 AM »
O.K. Kirk, here are two features that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

1. When working in the preview mode the info, crop, histogram, and zoom boxes allow me only to minimize / maximize which is fine for all but the info box. Even when I close the crop and zoom menus I don't gain that space for the info box. I would love to be able to drag the box to whatever size it needs to be so that I can view all of the info without having to drag a slider.

2. Due to the fact the I spend a LOT of time evaluating other peoples' work I would love to be able to color code the variables in the info pane. Something like aperture, shutter speed, ev comp as one color. White point, color space etc as another etc. etc. As it stands right now my eye hunts for the info when I doing their reviews.

Eric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview Features wish list
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »
1. When working in the preview mode the info, crop, histogram, and zoom boxes allow me only to minimize / maximize which is fine for all but the info box. Even when I close the crop and zoom menus I don't gain that space for the info box. I would love to be able to drag the box to whatever size it needs to be so that I can view all of the info without having to drag a slider.

Use the + and - buttons near the top of the Info text pane.  You can make it whatever size you like.

Quote from: Eric
2. Due to the fact the I spend a LOT of time evaluating other peoples' work I would love to be able to color code the variables in the info pane. Something like aperture, shutter speed, ev comp as one color. White point, color space etc as another etc. etc. As it stands right now my eye hunts for the info when I doing their reviews.

Interesting idea.  In the meantime, why don't you put the most important info at the top of the text.  You can completely customize the order of the variables, and can remove info that you don't want to see.

HTH,

-Kirk