Author Topic: printing iptc info  (Read 6798 times)

Offline schneider

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
printing iptc info
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:24:52 AM »
is there a way to print a hard copy of a photo's iptc information? I know I can save it but I'd like to print it, too.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: printing iptc info
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:52:50 AM »
is there a way to print a hard copy of a photo's iptc information? I know I can save it but I'd like to print it, too.

Sure.  You can use Export Text (File->Export->Text...) to export any variables (there are variables specific to IPTC) you like to a text file which then you can print from any text editor.

If you need additional help, please ask.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline schneider

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »
I probably wasn't making myself clear; if I'm viewing the iptc info for a specific photo, i.e., IPTC info for joeblow.jpg, can I print the info I've entered, or better yet, can I print the entire dialog box?

thanks for your help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
I probably wasn't making myself clear; if I'm viewing the iptc info for a specific photo, i.e., IPTC info for joeblow.jpg, can I print the info I've entered, or better yet, can I print the entire dialog box?

thanks for your help

I suppose you could get you OS to print the dialog, but that wouldn't necessarily show you all of the text in each field since it is quite easy to add more keywords than fit into the text field, or write a caption that is longer than the height of the caption text box.

Since you can view the IPTC for your image at any time you want by just clicking on the 'i' button on each thumbnail, why is it that you need to print out this information?

-Kirk