Author Topic: Multiple entry in persons shown field  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Emre Oktay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Multiple entry in persons shown field
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:22 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to make a multiple entry in persons shown field but I fail. I have bunch of names and I want to select some of them together like I do in keywords field but dialog box doesn't let me do it. I have to use pull down menu every time to enter a name. Any advice?

Emre

PM5, OS X 10.7.4

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Multiple entry in persons shown field
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Emre,

The Persons Shown works similarly to the Keywords field for me.  I edit the Persons Shown list, adding multiple people to the list and OK the dialog.  Back in the IPTC Info dialog, I can add each person one by one from the menu.

Perhaps you're talking about the two column Keywords editor?

-Kirk

Offline Emre Oktay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:50:56 AM »
Yes Kirk,

That was exactly I was talking about. If I use two column editor like keywords editor, I can add as many names as I want from the right column then close the editor. That's much more convenient I believe.

Emre

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:55:17 AM »
Emre,

The Persons Shown works similarly to the Keywords field for me.  I edit the Persons Shown list, adding multiple people to the list and OK the dialog.  Back in the IPTC Info dialog, I can add each person one by one from the menu.

-Kirk

How about making available to choose an IPTC field for the the two column Keywords editor (and the Keyword Panel too) what IPTC field to edit?

Just like there is a dropdown menu to choose IPTC fields in the Persons Shown editor dialog. This part could be added to the two panel Keywords editor and the Keyword panel too thus making any IPTC field easily editable say from the Preview too using the Keywords Panel.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
Szurkebarat,

How about making available to choose an IPTC field for the the two column Keywords editor (and the Keyword Panel too) what IPTC field to edit?

Just like there is a dropdown menu to choose IPTC fields in the Persons Shown editor dialog. This part could be added to the two panel Keywords editor and the Keyword panel too thus making any IPTC field easily editable say from the Preview too using the Keywords Panel.

I would have to make a generic two-column editor.  Only the Keywords field has the concept of a Master Keyword list.  It can't be re-purposed to work with other fields.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Szurkebarat,

I would have to make a generic two-column editor.  Only the Keywords field has the concept of a Master Keyword list.  It can't be re-purposed to work with other fields.

-Kirk

To me it seems the Master Keywords List consists of the items added by the user to the dropdown right to the field in the IPTC Info/Stationery and the other Current keywords list consists of those already added to the selected image.
In this regard the same setup could work for all the fields that are a list type....like Persons Shown, Description Writer and some others too.
Also for the other fields that don't have a list type so only one value can be applied either a maximum one value could be added - perhaps could have only one line on the other panel - or the second field could be disabled for these fields completely.

My point with all this would be to have the ability to quickly add any value I want to any of the fields I prefer with the easy to use floating window of the Keyword panel....not just enter keywords with it but other fields too.

I think it would be a great improvement.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com