Author Topic: Beta V5 expireed - what now?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline jimdavidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Beta V5 expireed - what now?
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:33:13 AM »
I downloaded the Beta V5 of PhotoMechanic and it replaced my existing version of Photo Mechanic. The Beta version has now expired and wont let me open it up . What do I do now - is there another beta version I can download? an I extend the use date of the beta? Can I go back to my original version of PM?

Help greatly appreciated! I use PM daily and I'm stuck without it!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Beta V5 expireed - what now?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »
Jim,

Definitely get your old version and keep it installed at the same time.  You don't have to replace your older version with the beta.  They can both reside on your computer at the same time.

A new PM 5 beta will be released today.

Download your old version here:

http://www.camerabits.com/downloads/

Scroll to the bottom for the PM 4.6.9 release version downloads.

-Kirk

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »
Good morning,
I have the same problem but, I purchased the beta version because it was, for me, the only way to download it. I have already purchased, a few years ago, PMv. 4. What I do now when v. 5 will no longer be Beta version?!? Must I buy it yet??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:32:55 AM »
Good morning,
I have the same problem but, I purchased the beta version because it was, for me, the only way to download it. I have already purchased, a few years ago, PMv. 4. What I do now when v. 5 will no longer be Beta version?!? Must I buy it yet??

There is no way on our store to specifically purchase a beta version of Photo Mechanic: Version 5.  It's not for sale at this time.  If you purchased a new license for Photo Mechanic recently then the store should only have offered a download link for Photo Mechanic 4.6.9.  Please install Photo Mechanic 4.6.9.

During the beta period of Photo Mechanic: Version 5 your new license will let you run the beta.  When Photo Mechanic: Version 5 becomes a final version, your new license will let you run it as well.

While Photo Mechanic: Version 5 is a beta, keep both Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 and Photo Mechanic: Version 5 beta installed on your computer.  Use Photo Mechanic 4.6.9 for real work and use Photo Mechanic: Version 5 beta for testing and evaluation.

The latest beta version is available in the Announcements section of the forums.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:44:18 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline baila71

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Yes, it is true. But... When I attemped to download, I didn't to download the Beta version so, I tried to buy it. What metters is that I can applicated my new code in a new version 5. It 's already 6 days I use the Beta and ... It 's very very good. The rotation of the crop, is very important. Thanks for Everything. Alessandro

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »
Yes, it is true. But... When I attemped to download, I didn't to download the Beta version so, I tried to buy it. What metters is that I can applicated my new code in a new version 5. It 's already 6 days I use the Beta and ... It 's very very good. The rotation of the crop, is very important. Thanks for Everything. Alessandro

Yes, new licenses will be honored in Photo Mechanic: Version 5.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »
Kirk,

Can the V5 Beta version reside on the same Win PC (running Win7 64-bit) as version 4.6.x, or is this for Mac only? I know in the past it was not possible for the Windows version if I remember right.

When do you guys expect the final V5 to be released and will it still allow for intallation in addition to V4.6.x on the same PC?

I'm not too eager to go trought multiple install/uninstall processes (each time a potential for disaster) for the various V5 Beta versions  and would rather wait for the final release.

Thanks,
Juerg

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 02:13:31 AM »
Juerg,

Can the V5 Beta version reside on the same Win PC (running Win7 64-bit) as version 4.6.x, or is this for Mac only? I know in the past it was not possible for the Windows version if I remember right.

Yes, you can have PM 4.6.9 and PM 5 on the same Windows system (Mac users can do it as well) with one caveat.  The PM AutoPlay handler will launch the last installed version.  So if you install PM 5 last, then AutoPlay will launch PM 5.

Quote from: archer69
When do you guys expect the final V5 to be released and will it still allow for intallation in addition to V4.6.x on the same PC?

Soon.  And yes to your second question.

Quote from: archer69
I'm not too eager to go trought multiple install/uninstall processes (each time a potential for disaster) for the various V5 Beta versions  and would rather wait for the final release.

I suggest you wait until PM 5.0 is released then.

-Kirk