Author Topic: Comments on PM5 build 12883  (Read 4180 times)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Comments on PM5 build 12883
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
1. The color scheme in Favorites/Navigator has grown on me.  I think it make good sense to have the gray as I seem to see the colors in the images better.

2. Speed is way better than the PM4.

3. After some configuration, I got color combos that work well for me in the contact view. The defaults were partly gaudy and partly hard to see.  All is well now.

4. In Preferences/Launching, I thought at first the fields were all blank. A closer look showed they were not but the text was only slightly lighter than the background.

5. Same problem in with PM Setup with poor contrast between text and background.

I think I am going to be reaching for my wallet real soon!

BTW, kudos to the development team.

Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Comments on PM5 build 12883
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
Jerry,

1. The color scheme in Favorites/Navigator has grown on me.  I think it make good sense to have the gray as I seem to see the colors in the images better.

2. Speed is way better than the PM4.

3. After some configuration, I got color combos that work well for me in the contact view. The defaults were partly gaudy and partly hard to see.  All is well now.

4. In Preferences/Launching, I thought at first the fields were all blank. A closer look showed they were not but the text was only slightly lighter than the background.

5. Same problem in with PM Setup with poor contrast between text and background.

Are you speaking about the Windows or Mac version?  Care to share your Contact Sheet color preferences?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »
I'd be interested to see the contact sheet prefs your using Jerry.

I have to say v5 does seem alot faster to me, especially sorting images via capture time as opposed to the standard filename default. PM 4 took an age to sort approx 2000 images, v5 does it in no time at all.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
Hi, Jerry
I would also like to see your Contact Sheet color preferences...
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
Sorry - Windows is what I am running.

I tried to embed the image but nothing in the preview.  Below is a link that I hope works for folk. The images are from Comic-Con not my birthday ;)

https://plus.google.com/photos/115927117101112323947/albums/5765980358040381057

The first two images are selected and the remainder unselected to demo the colors.  I need to tweak the gray a bit so I can tell if it is the gray Color Class.

Jerry

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 05:28:29 AM »
Hi,

The changes to offer a lighter colour scheme, especially for IPTC entry, is very much appreciated - thank you.

This is a trivial visual glitch, but I thought I'd mention it in case you found time to correct it:
In the contact sheet view, the spinning activity indicator is a tad subtle (bordering on the invisible!).

Cheers,
Tony

[attachment deleted by admin]