Author Topic: PM5beta4 problems: multiple launches / movie thumbnail rendering / crashes  (Read 2446 times)

Offline csinclair

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running OS 10.7.4 and PM5beta4, I also have the latest PM 4.6.9 installed.

I open a contact sheet fine, and then select some photos, and try to copy (Command Y) and it triggers multiple PM launches. Another thing that triggers it is opening a contact sheet of new Canon 5D Mark III movie clips shot in the ALL-I mode, it begins rendering thumbnail images for the movies, but then begins saying 'Unable To Render Image' and then gives me the crash report and tries to invoke multiple PM launches. Screenshot displaying both is attached. Wondering if having both installed on one system is causing a conflict? I had a previous PM5beta install that expired so I downloaded the latest build.

~Chris.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:50:35 PM by csinclair »
17" Macbook Pro Core2Duo / 8GB Ram / OSX 10.5.6 / PM 4.6.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Chris,

Running OS 10.7.4 and PM5beta4, I also have the latest PM 4.6.9 installed.

I open a contact sheet fine, and then select some photos, and try to copy (Command Y) and it triggers multiple PM launches. Another thing that triggers it is opening a contact sheet of new Canon 5D Mark III movie clips shot in the ALL-I mode, it begins rendering thumbnail images for the movies, but then begins saying 'Unable To Render Image' and then gives me the crash report and tries to invoke multiple PM launches. Screenshot displaying both is attached. Wondering if having both installed on one system is causing a conflict? I had a previous PM5beta install that expired so I downloaded the latest build.

It's your install of the Perian codecs.  If you look in the crash report, you'll see that it is VideoRender that is crashing (actually it is the Perian codec that is crashing inside VideoRender) and not Photo Mechanic.

It appears that Perian isn't compatible with Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion).

See this for information about the codec and look to the bottom of the page for the user reviews:

http://perian.en.softonic.com/mac

Actually, it has been discontinued altogether: http://perian.org/

I think if you uninstall it, your troubles will go away.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:18:43 PM by Kirk Baker »