Author Topic: OPEN PM5beta unmount error halting ingest  (Read 12324 times)

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: OPEN PM5beta unmount error halting ingest
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 10:08:13 PM »
Kirk,

It happens quite often during ingesting 3-4 cards at once

he is ingesting multiple cards at once. That is the reason for having multiple instances of "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL", "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL 1", etc
I verified this with inserting 3 cards out of a Canon cam into my card reader(s).

Ingesting and ejecting works for me on OS X 10.8 with RC1
Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 06:20:26 AM »
I have taken a look at your PM.log file.  First, it is incredibly large at nearly 107 MB in size.

I deleted it to shave PM start a new one. Perhaps I should've done it earlier.

Have you checked your disks and RAM for problems?

These same issues may explain why your crops randomly stop working and then work again later.

I will have it checked.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 06:22:26 AM »
Kirk,

he is ingesting multiple cards at once. That is the reason for having multiple instances of "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL", "/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL 1", etc
I verified this with inserting 3 cards out of a Canon cam into my card reader(s).

Sven

Yes I usually connect 2 USB card readers and insert 2-2 cards in each and start ingesting the 3-4 cards simultaneously....usually all my cards get mounted as EOS_DIGITAL as all of them has the same volume label being formatted in EOS cameras...
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »
Szurkebarat,

Sven

Yes I usually connect 2 USB card readers and insert 2-2 cards in each and start ingesting the 3-4 cards simultaneously....usually all my cards get mounted as EOS_DIGITAL as all of them has the same volume label being formatted in EOS cameras...

What brand and model of card reader are you using?  Each reader has two slots?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
Szurkebarat,

Sven

-Kirk

I'm using different types of readers (depending where I go and what bag I take with me). One of them is a SanDisk, two are different types from Hama, third is a Dorr, I have a Lexar too.
Each readers have at least two slots (SD+CF), most of them have 4 or 5 slots but I almost exclusively use the SD and CF slots.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 10:28:48 AM »
Szurkebarat,

Sven

I'm using different types of readers (depending where I go and what bag I take with me). One of them is a SanDisk, two are different types from Hama, third is a Dorr, I have a Lexar too.
Each readers have at least two slots (SD+CF), most of them have 4 or 5 slots but I almost exclusively use the SD and CF slots.

What happens if you use more than one reader but never put more than one card in any of the readers?  Does the problem still happen?  If not, then I think the OS is getting confused by the second (or more) cards being mounted in the single device and cannot unmount them individually.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Szurkebarat,

Sven

What happens if you use more than one reader but never put more than one card in any of the readers?  Does the problem still happen?  If not, then I think the OS is getting confused by the second (or more) cards being mounted in the single device and cannot unmount them individually.

Thanks,

-Kirk

As I remember it has happened before with single card being ingested as well - but I will check it.

When I eject the cards with the Finder there is never any problem. Just PM seems to have problem ejecting cards. Usually a second ingest - of the then empty card - solves the problem.
Allways shooting RAW.