Author Topic: Windows Libraries  (Read 3073 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Windows Libraries
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:14 AM »
Using PM 5 13645 I can access my Pictures (or My Pictures) library and anything that is stored directly in it.  However, if I add a directory to the library (e.g. d:\morepictures), this directory is not visible to PM (but is visible in File Explorer).  Is there something I have overlooked?

A work around of sorts is that when adding an external directory like d:\morepictures the the Pictures library, you can make this directory public, and thus morepictures shows up as a network resource and can be accessed by PM.

Deven

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Windows Libraries
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:53 AM »
Deven,

Using PM 5 13645 I can access my Pictures (or My Pictures) library and anything that is stored directly in it.  However, if I add a directory to the library (e.g. d:\morepictures), this directory is not visible to PM (but is visible in File Explorer).  Is there something I have overlooked?

A work around of sorts is that when adding an external directory like d:\morepictures the the Pictures library, you can make this directory public, and thus morepictures shows up as a network resource and can be accessed by PM.

PM doesn't know how to discover items that aren't really part of the file system.  You can directly access "d:\morepictures\" in the Navigator, correct?  There is likely some mechanism that PM could query for other folders that are part of Pictures, Documents, etc. but I don't know what it is.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
Yes, I can access d:\morepictures just fine using the normal techniques.  Direct support in the Navigator for Libraries would be nice as they allow for the creation of "virtual drives."

Curiously, Libraries do appear to be fully supported when saving an image (Ctrl+S) and appear as a destination when I use the Extract JPG previews from RAW tool.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:54:11 AM »
Deven,

Yes, I can access d:\morepictures just fine using the normal techniques.  Direct support in the Navigator for Libraries would be nice as they allow for the creation of "virtual drives."

Curiously, Libraries do appear to be fully supported when saving an image (Ctrl+S) and appear as a destination when I use the Extract JPG previews from RAW tool.

That's expected.  Microsoft provides those dialogs as part of the OS.

-Kirk