Author Topic: Ingest dialog - Primary Destination not saved  (Read 3344 times)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Ingest dialog - Primary Destination not saved
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
Windows 7 Pro, PM5 Build 13100 (1a2fe4}

In PM 4.6 Ingest dialog, once I set the Primary Destination, Copy Photos to "into folder with name" and set the Folder Name, they are saved when the Ingest dialog is closed and thus are the same when I start the next ingest.  (I ingest based on year, month and day taken plus some text so folders are created by date)

PM5 I have to set all three each time Ingest is closed and reopened.  Is that an intended behavior?

BTW, did a remove and reinstall of PM5 with no change in symptoms.

Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest dialog - Primary Destination not saved
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:47:48 PM »
Jerry,

Windows 7 Pro, PM5 Build 13100 (1a2fe4}

In PM 4.6 Ingest dialog, once I set the Primary Destination, Copy Photos to "into folder with name" and set the Folder Name, they are saved when the Ingest dialog is closed and thus are the same when I start the next ingest.  (I ingest based on year, month and day taken plus some text so folders are created by date)

PM5 I have to set all three each time Ingest is closed and reopened.  Is that an intended behavior?

BTW, did a remove and reinstall of PM5 with no change in symptoms.

Can you send me your PM.log file?  Contact me privately for information about where to find the file and where to send it.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 09:13:58 AM »
Morning Kirk,

I was dead tired last night so I took another shot this morning.  I uninstalled PM5, deleted the log file at "C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic" and then reinstalled PM5.

Same results as last night.

I took a peek at the the log and the same two error messages were repeated over 100 times:

[Sun Aug-05-2012 09:02:37.683][00001754] CBKeyValueDB.cpp:552 ($Revision$) CBKeyValueDBMgr::fetchKeyValue() got error while executing fetch data statement: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed
[Sun Aug-05-2012 09:02:42.821][00001754] CBKeyValueDB.cpp:514 ($Revision$) CBKeyValueDBMgr::storeKeyValue() got error while executing store data statement: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed

Still need the whole log?

Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
Jerry,

No, I don't need the whole log.  Go ahead and send me your com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb file.  Then you can delete it.

It should be at this path on your system: "C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic"

Somehow your preferences file has become damaged.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »

Deleting com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb and then redoing prefs solved the problem.

Thanks
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
Jerry,

Do you remember anything significant happening before you began having the preferences issue?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
Kirk,

There were two things.  That first ingest with PM5 ended being all the CF card and it appeared to work.  However the files were never written to any of my hard drives.  I suspect that may have been due to the mangled prefs file you had me delete.

A couple of versions ago I had trouble getting the prefs setup the way I wanted and during an import got an error message containing"...using local values..." or something like that. I would put the money on this but troubleshooting it is going to be a bear given the lack of info and the N of one.

Sorry I can't be more help on this,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Jerry,

There were two things.  That first ingest with PM5 ended being all the CF card and it appeared to work.  However the files were never written to any of my hard drives.  I suspect that may have been due to the mangled prefs file you had me delete.

A couple of versions ago I had trouble getting the prefs setup the way I wanted and during an import got an error message containing"...using local values..." or something like that. I would put the money on this but troubleshooting it is going to be a bear given the lack of info and the N of one.

No problem.  If it happens again, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Kirk